Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #1

Smile Is there a Vibe 65XX in Florida?

We continue to work through our issues on what to buy (waffling between a Vibe 6501 or 6502 means we could pull it w/our current vehicle so minimal expense for newbies - up to a Class A - the ultimate desire in about 2 years).
We have contacted Camping World in Tampa (they searched for one for us) and searched the internet just to SEE one before we can move on (closest one was 500 miles away but sold before we could get there).
Such a GREAT forum, I thought I would see if there is anyone using theirs in Florida where we can come look at it! We are in south central Florida. Most places, except the Panhandle and Jacksonville are within an easy days drive to and from.
Thanks so much!
Continuing to be but hopeful!
Debbie
HarleyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyBill View Post
We continue to work through our issues on what to buy (waffling between a Vibe 6501 or 6502 means we could pull it w/our current vehicle so minimal expense for newbies - up to a Class A - the ultimate desire in about 2 years).
We have contacted Camping World in Tampa (they searched for one for us) and searched the internet just to SEE one before we can move on (closest one was 500 miles away but sold before we could get there).
Such a GREAT forum, I thought I would see if there is anyone using theirs in Florida where we can come look at it! We are in south central Florida. Most places, except the Panhandle and Jacksonville are within an easy days drive to and from.
I don't know about Florida, but we found the same lack of inventory looking in our area (Montana). We ended up driving 980 miles (+ the same back towing) to Minneapolis to buy our 6504. The upside was that we got to test the trailer really well, and the kids saw both Mt. Rushmore and Devil's Tower
dboreham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #3

Thanks for your input!
We're not sure if it will work before we make the trip! But we'll make a day or 2 day trip to see if it's worth pursuing! We will then have to make a nice long trip if it will "fit" our needs!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #4

I went up to Cincinnati (Couches RV) to purchase our 2013 Vibe 6504. You're welcome to take a look at it if you are in the Panhandle. We live in Panama City.
cfernandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #5

Thanks. Thats a great model. How do you like it? It's actually more than we can tow. We've found one to look at on our way up the east coast
Old 08-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #6

We absolutely love it. I upgraded from an Rpod and didn't want to get into anything too big. I highly recommend that you get an Equalizer WD Hitch. I towed it from Cincinnati to Florida with just an anti-sway bar and had several "white knuckle" moments. After I installed the Equalizer, its like night and day. If you have a Dometic 300 toilet in the one you buy, call Dometic right away to get them to send you the 310. There's no charge and the 310 is much nicer. Everything on the trailer works great. I wish the Dometic fridge had an inside light, but that's not a big deal. I am replacing all the outside running lights with Bargman LED's this weekend, just a personal preference. Good luck and I hope you get the one you're eyeing.
cfernandz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe