Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2018, 07:33 AM   #1

Mislabeled discharge valves

Hi all. We are newbie RVers and we took delivery of a Forest River VIBE travel trailer a few weeks ago. The model is a 2018 313BHS. When I decided to empty the waste tanks the first time something looked confusing to me about the labels. The forward discharge valves have one label: Galley. One valve is connected to a large (looks like a 3" PVC pipe) and a smaller valve is connected to a 1 1/2" pipe. This does not look like a Galley connection at all, but the toilet, shower, and lavatory. Behind the tires are two more valves with a discharge connection, and these are labeled: Sewer Outlet Connection, Waste Water Holding Tank, Sewage Holding Tank. I believe these valves are actually for the kitchen sink and the outdoor kitchen sink. Has anyone ever seen mislabeling like this before? I will contact my RV dealer and ask if I can get new labels to apply correctly. Please see pics of my current labels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180703_071731.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	178435   Click image for larger version

Name:	label.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	178437  
Rtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
Always Learning

Yep, things are mislabeled all of the time, unfortunatelly.

The easiest way to figure out what is what is while on a full-hookup site. Make sure you have clear elbows on each sewer connection so you can see what’s going on.

Then, run water at just 1 fixture/faucet st a time for a couple of minutes. Go pull the handles one by one until you identify which handle empties that particular tank. Repeat.

No idea if you can get new labels.

Tags
led, valve