Old 01-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #1

Mud down south.

It has been raining and cold enough to keep the ground nice and muddy. I would love go hit the road (camp site), but where the TT is would involve pulling through about 1 foot of mud (or More) first. (Grab the tractor) I think I am getting ready for some dry weather and I guess some gravel. Wet weather is getting to be a PAIN. I feel like a bird dog on a point. (I can see/smell it but I got to wait)

beavertrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #2

I would not pull the trailer through mud like that. I would be afraid of bending the axles.

BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #3

Probably be surprised how easy the tractor pull it out. I have to pull our farm trailers thru mud on a regular basis. Pull it as straight as possible. I donít see it hurting the camper. Iíve watched tractors pull trucks with campers behind them out of event grounds several times.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #4

Talking

No issues with getting it out with tractor. Have had to use one for the BBQ Rig a Memphis In May BBQ contest. The real issue is cutting up the field, the ruts that will happen and the disgusted look from DW.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:06 PM   #5

By the Way CAT. Your Cat would not make to bad of ruts. The TT will make deeper cuts and worse for the hard pan.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:49 PM   #6

Funny you should mention mud. Just ran across this video earlier today.

I was surprised at the computer control on the tow truck.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 AM   #7

Well beavertrap I thought you wanted your trailer out. ? I wasnít concerned about the ruts you would leave? If ruts are a concern I guess you best invest in some rock or wait till spring ? Good luck?

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #8

Ruts

I would like to get it out and Can get it out but I also know my Brother knows where I live. Plus DW still thinks ruffing it is Holiday Inn Express. Work in Progress. Grin. Around Memphis we have had at least 2 days of rain each week since November 5th. Plus a few had freezes. Not good for for parking on ground.
Update, I may have a window, Brother works for EMS and some equipment stand ready there, and they had to take some equipment out. (Messy, he may not notice) Grin
By the way, we Truck camp also, I camp, DW complains. But she goes. love it.
Happy Camping.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Funny you should mention mud. Just ran across this video earlier today.

I was surprised at the computer control on the tow truck.
The controls are essentially the same as used on many tower cranes. Really neat as it allows the operator to get right next to the work space and see exactly what's going on.

They do have a real downside however. When operating that tow truck in sub zero weather the batteries in those controllers have a tendency to run out of juice real quick and than it's back to the manual controls on the side of the Tow Truck.

If anyone likes watching these heavy wreckers work, the Weather Channel has two series, Highway Through Hell, and Heavy Rescue 401 that is nothing but wreck recovery with wreckers from 10 ton to 60 tons plus. The settings are British Columbia and Ontario highways. Amazing what the operators can do.

"Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote