Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #1

New 2020 Vibe 26RK

We ordered our Vibe 26RK back in August from RVW in Lakeview Ohio. It finally came in and we drove from Willow Spring NC to RVW (550 miles) to pick it up on Thursday 10/22/20). It was well worth the drive as we saved several thousand dollars buying it from RVW rather than locally. I contacted Mike Durnell at RVW and reminded him we were driving a long distance and wanted to make sure they did a thorough inspection as we didn't want any surprises when we arrived. I received an email from Mike and he assured me they do a complete PDI (not sure what that is) and everything will be checked before I arrive. We arrived at 9:30 for our pick up time and Tim gave my wife and I a very complete tour of the unit and explained how everything worked he was very knowledgeable and was great to work with. RVW gave us a complimentary starter kit that included power cord, water supply hose, sewer hose, even some RV toilet paper and two folding chairs as a gift. Propane tanks were filled up also complimentary. I did my inspection of the unit and found some items.
1. Heater did not work
2. I special ordered the unit from the factory for an awning over the slide out but found it was no installed.
3. Drawer under the oven would not open
4. The upper seal on the slide out was mostly rolled in
5. I ordered the unit with manually operated stabilizer jacks but it came in with electrically operated jacks. I was disappointed about this as I wanted manual jacks. Manual hand crank jacks are better because less chance of failure and each jack can be operated independently and electric jacks operate as a pair on the front and the back so in the case of unlevel ground you would need to shim the legs of the electric jacks.

While we waited RVW service department installed the missing slide out awning, fixed the seal, fixed the heater and storage drawer under the stove. We were happy that everything was fixed by 2:30PM on the same day. We weren't happy that we are stuck with the electric leveling jacks.

All things considered we were very happy with our new Vibe and customer service from RVW was fantastic, except I think RVW PDI missed a few items.

I am disappointed with Forest River for the following items.

1. They did not install the slide out awning at the factory as ordered.
2. TV does not work off of battery power??? The only time we can view the TV is if we have the unit plugged in to 110/220 power outlet. This bothers me.
3. I ordered manually operated leveling jacks and it came with electric jacks.
TC of NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC of NC View Post
I am disappointed with Forest River for the following items.

1. They did not install the slide out awning at the factory as ordered.
2. TV does not work off of battery power??? The only time we can view the TV is if we have the unit plugged in to 110/220 power outlet. This bothers me.
3. I ordered manually operated leveling jacks and it came with electric jacks.
1.Slide topper Awnings are usually a dealer installed item.
2. I share your disappointment. Our tvs will only operate on 110 also (or on the generator)
3. I don't know if those are dealer or factory installed items. You might want to check with the dealer.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #3

Easy Fix

I found an easy fix, I will be installing an inverter to convert the 12v to 110 volts. A piece of cake upgrade
Crew Cab Long Bed
Z71 Duramax Diesel
TC of NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe