Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

New owner 2017 VIBE 272BHS

Good afternoon all. Just picked up my camper few days ago and I have a lot of questions but will start with an easy one ha-ha. I was not shown or told that I have a battery switch on the unit. I also was not shown or told about an on off switch on the fridge.

So, while the camper is setting idle at my house with no shore power is the fridge being ran off the house batteries or not?
Bondos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Site Team

What kind of fridge is it, residential or 2-way RV fridge?

Sorry You got such a lousy PDI from the dealer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #3

Its a residential Whirpool 11cubic ft. From poking around reading yesterday I was about to make the assumption I could turn off my inverter and that would keep batteries from being utilized same as a battery switch but not sure if that is a correct assumption.

I have a converter and inverter on the camper. They list the inverter for the fridge but again I assume it's not just for the fridge but I could be wrong there as well.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #4

Found inverter and it was already turned off so I left it that way thus not utilizing the batteries on the fridge. The fridge is definitely a residential electric only.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #5

Vibe Fridge

We have a 2018 Vibe 228rls.
It has a residential whirlpool fridge which you can turn the control inside the fridge to off which is all we do.
bcj245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #6

We have a 2016 Vibe with a residential fridge. I turn the inverter off when on shore power as the fan motor keeps me awake at night if I leave it on. Only use the inverter when boon docking or traveling.
denisgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisgr View Post
We have a 2016 Vibe with a residential fridge. I turn the inverter off when on shore power as the fan motor keeps me awake at night if I leave it on. Only use the inverter when boon docking or traveling.

Ditto for ours

2017 Vibe 268RKS
2018 Ram 2500
pbbandpab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe