Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2019, 09:30 AM   #1

New purchase suggestions/Ideas greatly appreciated

Hi everyone!
I’m new here. We have a 2018 FR Vibe 288RLS. We had a major water leak problem and are having repairs. We have decided we will probably trade it in. We are looking at Vibes again. Maybe a major mistake?? I love the rear kitchen, but Joe, my husband, doesn’t think we should even consider the 33RK because of weight and length. I prefer the RK over the RL but I would be ok with it.
2020. 26 RK is there enough room to walk in with the recliners right there? Is there any issues with storing stuff in the kitchen while traveling?
Any thoughts on the 2020 28RL?
We have a 2017 F150 V8, 4wd king ranch. Any ideas on towing and suggestions? Again, thank you or welcoming me to your group.
Carolj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #2

I have an 18, 268RKS. Originally pulled with 09 Titan. Did not think it had enough brake for the TT especially on some mountains nor did I think it had enough to pull long hills and mountains. Traded for F250. We removed the stock recliners and put in 2 LazyBoys. I would recommend wall huggers. Ours are not but there is room to pass. Otherwise we like our TT.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:49 AM   #3

Smile Thank you for the help

Thank you very much. We are having a difficult time right now making a decision about which travel trailer to go with. We loved the 18 288RLS, but we did have a sway and sometimes rough ride. We were thinking about going with a lighter and shorter one, but I really like the rear kitchen and/or floorplans of the 33RK in Vibe. We have read the RK are more difficult to pull also. Joe doesn’t want to trade in his truck for fear of losing a lot in it, as it’s only 2017. I am really not sure what we should do. Thanks again for any input. 🙂
Carolj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:00 AM   #4

I would not purchase a TT or anything that I would not be happy with. To me, that makes for a miserable life. I would go with what makes me happy and comfortable and adapt all else. Having a good hitch will make a huge difference. And I admit I do not have enough experience with those to make correct comments.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolj View Post
Hi everyone!
I’m new here. We have a 2018 FR Vibe 288RLS. We had a major water leak problem and are having repairs. We have decided we will probably trade it in. We are looking at Vibes again. Maybe a major mistake?? I love the rear kitchen, but Joe, my husband, doesn’t think we should even consider the 33RK because of weight and length. I prefer the RK over the RL but I would be ok with it.
2020. 26 RK is there enough room to walk in with the recliners right there? Is there any issues with storing stuff in the kitchen while traveling?
Any thoughts on the 2020 28RL?
We have a 2017 F150 V8, 4wd king ranch. Any ideas on towing and suggestions? Again, thank you or welcoming me to your group.
we have a 2019 Vibe 28rl which is the rear living, TV is a 1500 Silverado with a husky centerline, a word of note I had a fast way e2 and the truck wiggled allot, changed it and problem solved, went to Tennessee recently and have had no problems or sway, we love the trailer and it's setup, I have read that some rear kitchens are difficult to setup due to sway, too much rear weight, good luck and let us know on your purchase
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #6

Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
we have a 2019 Vibe 28rl which is the rear living, TV is a 1500 Silverado with a husky centerline, a word of note I had a fast way e2 and the truck wiggled allot, changed it and problem solved, went to Tennessee recently and have had no problems or sway, we love the trailer and it's setup, I have read that some rear kitchens are difficult to setup due to sway, too much rear weight, good luck and let us know on your purchase
FR isn't the choice it was a few years ago. They ave no quality control, customer service. We just traded ours for another manufacture (GD), and couldn't be more satisfied.
capttjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:07 AM   #7

We started with the 5.0 F150. Although there are a lot of options that can make one F150 totally different from another, it was just to light for our 288RLS. Never felt comfortable with the sway, wind and tractor trailer push. Upgraded to a 2018 Ram 2500 (couldn’t find a used F250 we liked) and it is like night and day.
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote