Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #21

We bought a 2019 28RL last Nov and it's been a great tt, had 1 or 2 small issues that fixed myself, big TV works great. Hung a 43 inch tv in the bedroom that also hangs outside on the slide, fridge works great, the only thing I wish it had would be the small shocks on the rear storage doors to hold them open but not a big deal, it pulls good with my 2018 Silverado 5.3L, need more info speak to me, we love it
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #22

Forgot to mention that 6 people stayed in it, plenty of room and ac worked fine, dont know what your paying but me less than 26, happy camping and good luck
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 09-20-2019, 02:25 PM   #23

We have a Vibe 2017 268RKS like most have said after the first year issues we love our tt. If I had one issue that I do not like it is the blinds but can fix that easy enough. I haul mine with a 2014 Tundra with 5.7L and added Timbren blocks to the rear springs. Easy to haul, the length at 35' means you need to find the larger sites but so far so good.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #24
Predator59

Vibe vs GD

I own a Forest River Hemisphere, bought new and it's been great, one small fuse issue in 2 years, that's it. A friend has a GD imagine, more money and more problems. Talked to one guy who quit going to GD Rally's cause he said it was just a b#$ ch fest of problems. Be sure to check every screw, but and bolt after first trip. Silicone or ceramic seal and enjoy.
Dwjackson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #25
Predator59

1/2 ton Silverado with air bags and Max trailer pack. Easy tow if under 9000 loaded.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #26
Brake is on left

Just one mans perspective, but if you have the option for a 2nd AC unit then take it. The 15k on out 34 footer does fine during the mid Atlantic summer but having a 2nd one means they don't run as hard. It is also nice to know that should one go down there is a back up available. We run one at night and both during the days it is above 90*
On the Max Air vents; you can leave them open during rain but beware that strong winds can drive rain through the louvers. I like the design of the non powered vent covers better (45* angle on the louvers) but does not work with all powered vent fans.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #27

i agree about the second A/C. But at the very least if you order one, order it with 50 amp. That way down the line if you need the second A/c unit, it just cost for parts and install. Consider it hedging your bet
Old 10-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #28
Brake is on left

^^ true! Much less expensive to have it come prewired and with a 50a service as opposed to having that done down the road. My friend jad that done and he said it was pretty invasive surgery.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:32 PM   #29

If I may add, I have an 18, 268RKS. 35 ft. Unit came with one 15k ac mounted approximately center of TT. Used it a little bit during our horrendous heatwave this summer with no problems. Over the last couple of years it seems that when we turn the ac on, we get almost instant cool down. I also think one thing that helps is the window film that covers all windows.
During the salesman intro of the unit he told us the unit was prepped for the additional 13k unit but not installed. He highly recommended we not add the second unit. FWIW.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #30

So far we're happy with our 28rl. Currently camping in it for a few weeks after slide roofs got replaced. Thanks for all the excellent info from everyone
gotmyvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmyvibe View Post
I've been obsessively researching my first TT purchase. I've narrowed down my search to the vibe 28Rl or stretching my budget to a grand design. I like the vibe better in terms of features and amenities and just unsure as to the quality of the vibe. I can't find squat about the 28rl and I'm looking for help regarding this purchase. I'm not concerned about small issues that may arise, I'm just trying to avoid buying a TT known for major defects such as delamination or a slide falling out etc. . Would a 50 amp service be overkill for a 2nd ac on this unit? Not common to find one a lot with 2nd ac. I have an extensive background in high end carpentry, construction, electrical, plumbing, basic electronics etc. so, knowing that even if I buy new I'll have some things that need fixing doesn't scare me.however, I don't want some POS that disintegrates in a year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Our first one was the 2016 Vibe. No issues, but ours only had 1 a/c unit. First trip to Myrtle Beach that little a/c unit ran itself all the time and still didn't keep it cool enough.
Mike60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:17 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwjackson59 View Post
1/2 ton Silverado with air bags and Max trailer pack. Easy tow if under 9000 loaded.
were did you get your air bags? i assume it fixed the porpoising of the rear suspension, i thinking about installing them
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 10-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmyvibe View Post
I've been obsessively researching my first TT purchase. I've narrowed down my search to the vibe 28Rl or stretching my budget to a grand design. I like the vibe better in terms of features and amenities and just unsure as to the quality of the vibe. I can't find squat about the 28rl and I'm looking for help regarding this purchase. I'm not concerned about small issues that may arise, I'm just trying to avoid buying a TT known for major defects such as delamination or a slide falling out etc. . Would a 50 amp service be overkill for a 2nd ac on this unit? Not common to find one a lot with 2nd ac. I have an extensive background in high end carpentry, construction, electrical, plumbing, basic electronics etc. so, knowing that even if I buy new I'll have some things that need fixing doesn't scare me.however, I don't want some POS that disintegrates in a year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
so what did you buy???
Wonderful co-pilot
Old 10-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
so what did you buy???
^^^^Post #30.^^^^
mxtreme30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #35

madatme, I installed air bags on my former Titan. They worked quite well and did their job. However, you have to remember to deflate each time you disconnect. Took SIL and I about two hours. I am not sure but I think I googled for my truck and then shopped. Seems I wound up with Firestone brand. Paid less than 200. Hope that helps.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:59 PM   #36

We have a 2017 288RLS, older version of the same model. We love it. Like all RVs they take time and maintenance but I would buy a Vibe again in a heartbeat. Love the open floorplan
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #37

YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
so what did you buy???
Thanks for asking. Bought it, camped it, took it back to get slide out roofs replaced. love it for the most part. I did my research so I knew what I was getting into with TT's in general. pretty much what I expected. We like it a lot.
gotmyvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:35 AM   #38
Predator59

Airbags

Got my airbags and compressor through airlift. Easy install with the wireless system. Yes, day and night difference in rebound or "porpising". Hook up the trailer and equalizers with just a few lbs....once hooked up pump it up to desired ride. Way more stable and controls over speed bumps or bridge joints like an empty truck. Had mine about 4 years trouble free.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #39

We’re quite happy with our 2017 268rks Vibe. We’ve had a series of small nightly problems but mother to make me regret our decision. I towed, marginally, with a 2017 Ford Expedition. We’re now towing much more comfortably with a 2004 3/4 ton Ford Excursion. .
bjaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:39 AM   #40

We have a 2017 288RLS - older model of the 28RL. We love it. If you can get the 2nd a/c and 50 amp get it. We started with an F150 and it towed but worked hard on hills and never really got rid of the sway. Upgraded to 3/4 ton. I would buy another Vibe in a heartbeat
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe