Old 09-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #1

Opinions on the vibe brand,28RL

I've been obsessively researching my first TT purchase. I've narrowed down my search to the vibe 28Rl or stretching my budget to a grand design. I like the vibe better in terms of features and amenities and just unsure as to the quality of the vibe. I can't find squat about the 28rl and I'm looking for help regarding this purchase. I'm not concerned about small issues that may arise, I'm just trying to avoid buying a TT known for major defects such as delamination or a slide falling out etc. . Would a 50 amp service be overkill for a 2nd ac on this unit? Not common to find one a lot with 2nd ac. I have an extensive background in high end carpentry, construction, electrical, plumbing, basic electronics etc. so, knowing that even if I buy new I'll have some things that need fixing doesn't scare me.however, I don't want some POS that disintegrates in a year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

gotmyvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #2

I don't know about the 28Rl but I have a 2016 model (bought 2015) VIBE 286RKS we've had for 4 years now and it's been the perfect trailer for me and my wife.Once you get through all the little issues with a new unit corrected I think they are great trailers. Haven't had any problems since everything was corrected my first year under warranty. It's a typical Forrest River product so just about anything could be an issue at first. Just do the best you can on your walk through to notice any problems before you take it off the lot. Good luck and enjoy your trailer!

wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #3

wz3mo, thanks for the info
Old 09-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #4

I have an 18 268RKS. Have had only small problems. We thoroughly enjoy ours. We went for size since I am claustrophobic. Easy to pull, back and set up. I would encourage you to get some window film. That will make a huge difference. Also, ours came with full size Whirlpool refer. Good unit. Also may want the cover for the vent. Makes lots of difference as well. Heres hoping for happy camping.
hshaynes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #5

hshaynes, thanks for your response. could you please clarify what you meant by covering the vent. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmyvibe View Post
hshaynes, thanks for your response. could you please clarify what you meant by covering the vent. Thanks.
They talking about a vent cover, to go over the crank up vent. That way you can keep the vent open, while it's raining, for air movement.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...BoCvfkQAvD_BwE
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #7

ahhh! ok! thanks. that makes sense. I'll have to do that
Old 09-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #8

MaxxAire vent cover for bathroom. Amazon is reasonable. Once you install you can leave the vent open almost all the time.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #9

Something else I forgot, ours came with a 15k AC. Keeps cool easily especially if you add the window tint.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #10

You guys are awesome. I'm guessing that purchasing a vibe will be the right move and not buying the grand design will allow me to pocket some cash to make some upgrades like the vent, perhaps a couple extra flat screen tv's lol. I'm glad to hear that the 15k ac does a good job.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #11

The 15k usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to cool off. You mentioned flat screens. One should come with it. I mounted 32 inch, I think, In bedroom and it protruded into both doorways. Took it down first weekend out.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #12
Site Team

Though I'm a FR owner, I would put the Grand Design unit ahead of the Vibe.
Have you actually been inside each brand's trailer?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #13

Yes, I've spent an inordinate amount of time in them. GD must shine in places that can't be seen such as structure, and overall structural engineering. GD has a porcelain throne. most if not all GD have 50 amp service. But they are behind the curve in the rest of the stuff. GD fridge is a joke by today's standards. GD reputation seems to exceed FR, I say "seems" to exceed.
I usually like to live by the saying "buy once, cry once" but I'm not sure it applies to RVs at this price point.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #14

The Vibe is the same layout as our Salem 27 REI.
We love the spacious kitchen living area. We especially like the large window areas and being able to look out over our camp site on our awning side instead of seeing our neighbors awning side. Like the easy access to all the holding tanks and are plumb straight into the tanks. Every component has easy access also. Our 15k cools just fine. Iíve recorded 47 degree air coming out. Much better than our Thor Ace 30.1.
parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:37 PM   #15

parrott, thanks for the great reply. I'm feeling much more confident about taking the plunge on a vibe/Forest River product. Also, I'm glad to hear that the ac rocks.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #16

What are ya'll using to pull these beasts with as far as TV goes? I'm more concerned about length rather than weight?
Old 09-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #17

I started woth an 09 Titan. Became concerned about the stopping ability more so than how fast it would pull. Also was concerned about pulling long hills. Finally bought a new 17 F250 gas. Bought mine dressed down rather than dressed up. Rough riding till the trailer is hitched. I do like the truck even with low mpg.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:58 AM   #18

One other note of interest. Our RKS came with built in fire place. We use it more than the heater. Does super job at night.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #19
Fin

We just bought a Hemisphere GLX 273RL last month, looks like the same floor plan as the Vibe.
The Hemisphere comes with tinted windows and room darkening shades which are great.
I don't know where you live or plan on camping, but we are in Arkansas and 2 AC's are great to have in the summer here or anywhere else in the south.
So far we are loving it!
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #20

that hemisphere looks great. I think it's a bit too heavy for me though. (maybe not?). second ac and 50 amp would be great but I can't seem to find a vibe 28rl close enough to me without ordering it with those options. I'll be using it in Hot Springs Arkansas to start with. so HOTTT! That hemisphere seems a bit more expensive too.

Tags
vibe