Old 01-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #1

Power Stabilizers

During set up on my last outing my wife and I engaged the front and rear stabilizers at the same time. The rear stabilizers quit working about mid way down. I was on battery not yet hooked up to shore power so I went about doing other tasks and came back some time later to lower the stabilizers again. They worked, so I suppose I had run the battery down to low to work the front and rear stabilizers simultaneously. I wanted to check the electrics but could not find a fuse that was labeled for the stabilizer. Do the stabilizers go through the main fuse box or do they have in line fuses? The camper is a Forrest River Vibe, 2016 model.

By the way I was glad they worked the second time around as I found that I did not have the wrench that fit the manual override.

denisgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

The rear stabilizers typically have a self-resetting fuse thingie. That's likely why it reset. Mine was just behind the switch/near the motor itself.

Not sure why running them both at once would have caused it unless you bound up the stablizers somehow.

You shouldn't need a wrench. Your camper should have come with a crank handle for the stabilizers and possibly slide override. Something like this:
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC119226.html

Old 01-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #3

Exactly what I need. Did not get one when I bought it, will buy it now.

Thanks
denisgr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, stabilizers