Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2023, 03:10 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris g. View Post
Hello, thanks for the reply. Iím a woman on my 1st travel trailer. Itís older. Yes.

The trailer had its original brochure in it listing the 6599 Series standard features and options .

The ( manadory) E-2 sway control ďA-frame bracketĒ was in the Options paragraph.

Iím not saying it did come with it, but if itís mandatory to tow itó I should get it - since the distance from the hitch to the v - nose is shorter than most I have seen . . Thanks just wondering if anyone knows what & where that bracket is ď mandatoryĒ

ó Kris
I'd love to see a picture of that brochure, especially the part about the optional E2 WDH.
Here's a link to the E2 lineup:
https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2-hitch
If the brochure listed it as an option, it's probably because it works on a V-nose TT.
You haven't told us what your tow vehicle is nor have that information in your profile or signature.
Unless you have a Heavy-duty truck, you'll probably need a WDH.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Kris, Dan didn't explain that TPO and EPDM are "rubber-like" sheets. EPDM has a thin white surface and is black on the underside. TPO is white all the way through. If you take off the trim around a vent on the inside of the trailer, you can see which is which. The sheets are roughly the thickness and stretchiness of an innertube.

Fiberglass, of course, is a rigid surface and won't be visible when you take the inside trim from a vent.
Yes it’s fiberglass . One piece from bumper up & over to the front Gel coat fiberglass V-Cap.

It doesn’t look dated, but I cannot seem to find anyone that has one - for discussion.
It’s seeming to be built similar to an R-Pod with a V nose horse trailer front fiberglass front . Although- this - is perplexing in that the frame/ tongue is very short !
And it’s suggested (as mandatory) to get an A-Frame Bracket for the sway controller I can’t Put On because it’s too short
But it’only Weights 4260 lbs loaded so I hear a Friction Bar is sufficient .
I have that on. But reading through this brochure had me wondering
And worried about that Mandatory bracket (?)
— I know, long story -
But I don’t know what I don’t know, and I’m a solo driver , I need things to go as best as it can Bracket for an A-Frame ?
Aftermarket Service Contract ?
Wrinkles in the vinyl in at ceiling roof ?

Thanks —
Kris
Kris g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:26 PM   #23
Site Team

What are you towing with?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 04:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I'd love to see a picture of that brochure, especially the part about the optional E2 WDH.
Here's a link to the E2 lineup:
https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2-hitch
If the brochure listed it as an option, it's probably because it works on a V-nose TT.
You haven't told us what your tow vehicle is nor have that information in your profile or signature.
Unless you have a Heavy-duty truck, you'll probably need a WDH.
I try to get the pictures uploaded.
Only got to upload but donít know how to get it on the replies (or the profile ) ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	025D4F5E-D5A8-4D29-B950-7222B295C225.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	291285   Click image for larger version

Name:	856B83D4-0202-4F67-8381-E9CAB716F2E8.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	316.8 KB
ID:	291286   Click image for larger version

Name:	408D2758-ECE5-4183-B873-EB5A75718E27.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	291287  
Old 08-11-2023, 04:19 PM   #25

Quote:
I try to get the pictures uploaded.
Only got to upload but don’t know how to get it on the replies (or the profile ) ?
Ok. Just hoping to get some V-Cross THE VIBE owners to pipe up �� here.
Anybody out there ??
I presently am in that group of thinking Small trailer/ towed with a SUV tribe,
Since I have a Toyota 4Runner already. It’s factory tow package on it is 5000 lbs rated, Truck frame.
It’s not lifted but it is a 4x4 .
The Frame has a ball installed on the side to attach the friction bar and that straddles over to the hitch . . —Again — This is a very short tongue and was told a WDH won’t fit on it.

A-Frames a little trailers shaped that way when deployed, not going down the road .
I’m just talking here. But it’s all new to me
Old 08-11-2023, 05:24 PM   #26

2014 V-Cross The Vibe 6502 question

Quote:
I just took a 1 month maiden journey in my (new to me) 2014 V-Cross 6502.

I Ďbe noticed wrinkles in the interior vinyl of the ceiling at what seems like the areas of the internal ceiling /trim / wall
Mobile mechanic said it wasnít from water but called it Stress something . Wish I could remember the term .
From traveling .
I wonder if anybody else had seen this and what does it mean ? The interior ceiling/ horizontal trim piece/ wall has this wrinkle in the vinyl plastic coating. As well as some shrinking caulking along the wall/ ceiling
I used a pencil around the perimeter to keep an eye on if it grows ó it has not.
But itís ugly and want to know If anything I need to remedy this
Any information is appreciated.
Are any V-CROSS 6500 Series THE VIBE folks out there ? I would like to hear from you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4EA5C1A0-BC6A-4E23-86AA-D996957FEE57.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	291289  
Old 08-11-2023, 06:42 PM   #27

The Registry

Quote:
Are any V-CROSS 6500 Series THE VIBE folks out there ? I would like to hear from you
Kris, I admire your persistence.

Here is the reason why your model has such a short A-frame for towing in front. Most trailers need a long A-frame in front so the trailer doesn't hit the back corner of the tow vehicle when making (or backing) a sharp turn. The V-nose trailers do not have this restriction. If you can't find an E2 hitch with bars that are short enough, maybe one of the hitches from other suppliers will work. The Andersen hitch is more expensive than others but may work. Work out your weights before going too far with hitches.

Near the top of the page is a dropdown labelled "Registry." You can look for other owners and maybe even contact some who have stopped reading the forums but still get private messages. The problem is that it wasn't designed carefully, leading users to put information in the wrong fields. You may find "V-CROSS" in any of the RV Name, Manufacturer, Make, or Model. Same with 6500 and VIBE. There's no consistency. (Sadly, the form has never been clarified and the data has never been groomed.) You may have to do twelve different searches to try each of these three nouns in each of the four fields.

Good Luck.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 05:35 PM   #28

Persistent 😃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Kris, I admire your persistence.

Here is the reason why your model has such a short A-frame for towing in front. Most trailers need a long A-frame in front so the trailer doesn't hit the back corner of the tow vehicle when making (or backing) a sharp turn. The V-nose trailers do not have this restriction. The Andersen hitch is more expensive than others but may work. Work out your weights before going too far with hitches.

Near the top of the page is a dropdown labelled "Registry." You can look for other owners and maybe even contact some who have stopped reading the forums but still get private messages. The problem is that it wasn't designed carefully, leading users to put information in the wrong fields. You may find "V-CROSS" in any of the RV Name, Manufacturer, Make, or Model. Same with 6500 and VIBE.

Good Luck.
Thank you For Your Support - really !! 👍