On the side of the trailer in mentioned to inflate the tire to 65 psi
On the tire it mention max 50 psi
Ok
Confused
So what is it ????????

alain h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
Just a member

Don't exceed the max pressure specified on the tire. That said, it appears that your tires are load range C. However, and based on the limited details you've provided, the certification label on the unit appears to provide tire pressures associated with a load range D tire. You'll need to compare all the information (tire size, load range etc) on the tire's sidewall with what's on the certification label. It's not outside that realm of possibility that the wrong tires were installed on you unit.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #3

Can I upgrade from a grade C to a grade D
Tire
I find these Carlyle tire I have
Have a very soft side wall
Old 06-10-2018, 08:35 PM   #4

yes, you can go from a Load C to a Load D.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
yes, you can go from a Load C to a Load D.

Will upgrade next year
For sure
Old 06-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #6

Blow out

I would get rid of the tires that came on your trailer asap, but a good new set of tires, spare included, Sailons are good as are Westlakes, check your rims to see what they are rated for as well, most good trailer tires are rated for 80psi so the rim.needs to be able to take the same pressures. I found out the hard way with our fifthwheel when we had a blow out on the way home from a long trip, cool temps so heat was not a factor, just cheap tires from the trailer manufacturer. They save money by using tires that just meet trailer weights, had I paid closer attention I would have gladly paid the extra money at the dealer we bought our trailer from and had them change tires before we took delivery. Don't take any chances as a blow out can destroy not only your trailer but could cause an accident. Be safe, buy something that will keep you and your family from sitting on the side of the road or worse, in a ditch.
Marcus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150403_193923.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	175534  
marcus morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #7

Personally you should have E rated tires
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #8

I would contact th trailer manufacturer, probably after checking out similar units. You either have the wrong tires or the wrong sticker.
Tacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #9
Mod free 5er

Highly recommend US made Goodyear Endurance tires.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
Personally you should have E rated tires
And definitely be towing that trailer with a 1-ton dually diesel, too. Right?
Old 06-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
And definitely be towing that trailer with a 1-ton dually diesel, too. Right?
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
Dish Wally w/ Pathway X2
Brendon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain h View Post
My question is
Ok we have a brand new 224 RLS vibe
On the side of the trailer in mentioned to inflate the tire to 65 psi
On the tire it mention max 50 psi
Ok
Confused
So what is it ????????
IMO the trailer manufacturer intended to have LRD tires installed. In any event, the placard is in error and needs to be changed. You should report it. Your trailer may be just one of many with the wrong information. Over inflating a 50 PSI tire with 65 PSI is surely, UNSAFE.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post
IMO the trailer manufacturer intended to have LRD tires installed. In any event, the placard is in error and needs to be changed. You should report it. Your trailer may be just one of many with the wrong information. Over inflating a 50 PSI tire with 65 PSI is surely, UNSAFE.
This post is contradictory.

If the mfr intended to have LRD tires installed then the sticker is correct. 65PSI is for LRD tires. 50PSI is for LRC.

Indeed, there is definitely something amiss here. I would recommend the OP reach out to the dealer as well and ask them why the tires are rated lower than the sticker. Perhaps they swapped tires/wheels with another trailer to make a sale and they didn't realize they weren't the correct load rating. The 224RLS should have aluminum 14" wheels as well, if the OP's trailer doesn't have those and instead has some plain white steel wheels then I would put money on the dealer having a hand in this. If not then it's possible the factory messed up.

In any case, with the GVWR of the trailer being what it is, even accounting for the weight on the hitch, LRC tires would be too close to their limit for my comfort. I would ask the dealer to put correct tires on the trailer.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #14

Quote:
This post is contradictory.

If the mfr intended to have LRD tires installed then the sticker is correct. 65PSI is for LRD tires. 50PSI is for LRC.

Indeed, there is definitely something amiss here. I would recommend the OP reach out to the dealer as well and ask them why the tires are rated lower than the sticker. Perhaps they swapped tires/wheels with another trailer to make a sale and they didn't realize they weren't the correct load rating. The 224RLS should have aluminum 14" wheels as well, if the OP's trailer doesn't have those and instead has some plain white steel wheels then I would put money on the dealer having a hand in this. If not then it's possible the factory messed up.

In any case, with the GVWR of the trailer being what it is, even accounting for the weight on the hitch, LRC tires would be too close to their limit for my comfort. I would ask the dealer to put correct tires on the trailer.
The safety factor, is the validity of the placard. Rather it is correct or not, does nothing about the unsafe condition of the placard stating the proper inflation is 65 PSI when the OE tires are maxed-out at 50 PSI.

According to the trailer's specs, ST205/75R14C tires would be acceptable for the 3500# axles. And, that's the trailer manufacturer's call and no one else's.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #15

Tire question

Quote:
The safety factor, is the validity of the placard. Rather it is correct or not, does nothing about the unsafe condition of the placard stating the proper inflation is 65 PSI when the OE tires are maxed-out at 50 PSI.

According to the trailer's specs, ST205/75R14C tires would be acceptable for the 3500# axles. And, that's the trailer manufacturer's call and on one else's.

You only touched on one part of my post, if you read all of it you would see some reasons why the tires might not match the sticker and as such might not be the OE tires even if the trailer were bought new off the lot.

The OP needs to take this up with the dealer and they need to make it right. If the certification sticker is wrong then it will be much harder to correct than just putting on tires that match the sticker load rating.

It would be really helpful to find a sticker from another trailer of the same model and see what it says as well as what tires it came with.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #16

Certification sticker from a 2017 224RLS shows LRC and 50PSI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4161.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	175681
Old 06-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #17

Quote:
You only touched on one part of my post, if you read all of it you would see some reasons why the tires might not match the sticker and as such might not be the OE tires even if the trailer were bought new off the lot.

The OP needs to take this up with the dealer and they need to make it right. If the certification sticker is wrong then it will be much harder to correct than just putting on tires that match the sticker load rating.

It would be really helpful to find a sticker from another trailer of the same model and see what it says as well as what tires it came with.
The bottom line here is a safety violation. The trailer manufacturer is the only one with the authority to fix it. The dealer can only change the tires with the trailer manufacturer's approval. If the placard is in error only the vehicle manufacturer has the authority to replace (correct) it.

An investigation needs to be performed by the vehicle manufacturer to insure there are no other vehicle placards with conflicting safety information. If so, they will have to perform a recall on all suspected vehicles.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #18

Quote:
The bottom line here is a safety violation. The trailer manufacturer is the only one with the authority to fix it. The dealer can only change the tires with the trailer manufacturer's approval. If the placard is in error only the vehicle manufacturer has the authority to replace (correct) it.

An investigation needs to be performed by the vehicle manufacturer to insure there are no other vehicle placards with conflicting safety information. If so, they will have to perform a recall on all suspected vehicles.
...and in order to get any of this rolling they need to TAKE IT UP WITH THE DEALER so they can work on figuring out what happened because THE DEALER is the one that can figure out if THEY did something by mistake (tire/wheel swap) or if it was a factory problem. If you don't think a dealer would swap tires/wheels to make a sale and not miss something like being a different load rating then you're putting too much faith in dealers, if you think the only things they do are "factory approved" then you need to spend some time around dealers.

Not sure what you're taking issue with here, but you seem to want to argue to argue even though we both agree the OP has a problem that needs to be fixed. Have a good night.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #19

Quote:
...and in order to get any of this rolling they need to TAKE IT UP WITH THE DEALER so they can work on figuring out what happened because THE DEALER is the one that can figure out if THEY did something by mistake (tire/wheel swap) or if it was a factory problem. If you don't think a dealer would swap tires/wheels to make a sale and not miss something like being a different load rating then you're putting too much faith in dealers, if you think the only things they do are "factory approved" then you need to spend some time around dealers.

Not sure what you're taking issue with here, but you seem to want to argue to argue even though we both agree the OP has a problem that needs to be fixed. Have a good night.
The dealer didn't make the mistake.

Ever heard of tire serial number tracking? All new vehicle tire serial numbers are kept on file for 5 years. Slippery slope, isn't it?

Tags
tire