Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #1

V Cross 275 VRLS

I am looking to buy a V Cross 275VRLS after 18 months of seriously looking, RV shows, to many dealers and private sellers. Does anyone have one and would they provide details on their experience with this unit?
Thank You
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I'm interested too. I like the 21WRS. What I can't figure out is why they are so darn heavy compared to a similar Surveyor; like the SV235RKS. I wonder if they tow with less wind resistance . .
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #3

We looked at a number of these and came close a few times. The pardette and I really wanted something w/o slideouts. I was never quite happy with the interiors. We also wanted a TH for our gun carts.

Most slideouts come with carpets which we felt would be very difficult to maintain (it makes the slideouts easier to make though). I also did not like the on board storage options.

We basically lucked into our Puma and have been very happy with it.

Equipment-wise the V Crosses did look good.
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #4

We have a different V-nose trailer, the Windjammer. We love it. Tows very easily and you gain some extra space since the front of the trailer follows the frame. Ours has the kitchen in the nose.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #5

We have the vcoss 32vbhs. We love it. My wife loved the v shape on the frame. That mint there was a closet in the master bedroom. I liked it cause of wind resistance and plus it looks cool. It dosent look like the rest.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #6

I pick up my new 2012 275 VRLS this Friday!. We are excited and can't wait to use it, maybe even this holiday weekend, Monday off for presidents Day, as the weather is good here in Southeast Texas. Thanks for all of your imput.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #7

Congradulations! Post some pics. I am sure you will enjoy it.
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #8

We looked at many campers like the rest of the members here. Ours is a 32vfks 2011 (new). The V-cross appealed to us because of a few things. First the additional useable square footage. Upon entering, you do not see the kitchen. It is it's own little area towards the front. We are not small folk, and the kitchen works great with both us in there. Sildes are the way to go. Even if setup with the slides "in" there is a lot of room. The open configuration is just gigantic.

Vcross is heavier due to an overabundance of caution in choosing the frame. It is solid. The slide mechanism is a simple gear mechanism, no cables. So it is heavier. Just the construction of the slides ads weight to the trailer. Its heavy, but tows nicely (even behind my Expedition).

Highly recomend Vcross. Havent found a true problem yet.
Dan941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #9

Thank you for the imput, it is always to hear nice things about your choice.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #10

I have had my 275vrls for about a season and a half. Love the layout of the trailer and for the most part havent had to many issues with it. Keep in mind, nothing is ever perfect! My wife and I, plus our 3 year old love to camp in this trailer. Its not too big but not too small even with a kid running around. Love that we have tons of storage and the rack on the back. I recently added a hitch to the back for towing a waverunner in tandem. The trailer seems to handle the waverunner very well.

Now I am sure you are interested in the issues we have had. At first we had a couple cosmetic issues as we got a show trailer. The dealer kindly corrected those issues so the trailer was in new condition. The first real issue we had was the shower was leaking around the base. It needed caulked, which I did and it still leaked. I finally broke down and took it to the dealer and they tried (still not sealed properly). It doesn't leak a large amount and so I just level the trailer a little high in the front and it keeps from leaking.

The bigger issue we had was the windows in the vnose leaked but in a way we didn't know it until the damage was done and the siding was delamentating (bubble). I was just out of warranty so I took it to the dealer expecting to pay the price. They were able to get the manufacturer to cover the issue. They cut out the bubble and reinstalled the window properly. Four weeks later I have another bubble in a similar area and also found "waves" in the siding at the top of the window. Again, I called my dealer and now vcross is going to come get the trailer and replace the front walls because when the windows were installed they cut the whole in the wall to large and thats why they wont seal properly.

I have to give it to Vcross as they are covering all damage done by the leaking and that makes me happy to know they are standing by their work even with a trailer out of warranty. I have heard much worse stories around dealers or manufacturers basically saying you aren't in warranty....tuff!

Still love our vcross and havent seen one we like better! Will keep recommending Vcross as long as Vcross is honorable and doing the right thing even when a trailer is out of warranty.
2011 Ford F250 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 6.7 Powerstroke, 3:55, Custom Spring Pack
2011 V-Cross 275VRLF Fifth Wheel
B&W Companion Hitch
CDENsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #11

Thank you so much for your experience with the V-Cross 275. Hopefully I can learn from your experience and now know what to look for.
Thank you and happy trails.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #12

We have a 2011 v-cross 28vbh. This is our 1st tt after our move up from a pop up. We looked at numerous models and styles and decided on the v-cross for its layout and space. Have not had any problems with it. We love it and look forward to camping as much as possible.
wv campers is offline   Reply With Quote