Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #21
Denver, CO

V-cross rock. Even the fifth wheel that don' give you more space but TOW so nice.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #22

Heading to Disney World this year from NC. First time towing that far. I know the vcross is going to do the job.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #23

Congrats. We take deliver Thursday of our Vibe 6502. Looking forward to exploring southern Mo.
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #24

Did you get your 6502 yet? We're waiting for warmer weather to get our 6501 out of the snowbank it's been in all winter. Looking forward to a big trip to South Dakota in June!
Happy camping.
Winnipegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipegger View Post
Did you get your 6502 yet? We're waiting for warmer weather to get our 6501 out of the snowbank it's been in all winter. Looking forward to a big trip to South Dakota in June!
Happy camping.
We have not had the chance yet to take the 6502 out. Winter has lasted far too long for our region. The state parks in our area should be turning on utilities next week or so. We plan to go to one of our state parks as soon as next weekend to de-winterize the unit and try her out. Enjoy South Dakota. I was there once as a child and went to the Bad Lands. Pretty neat stuff.
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
Old Enough to Know Better

We have a V27FK Super Lite and really like it. We moved from a Class C to this and have not regreted it. We bought it used (po camped in it twice) and other than some light switch issues has been trouble free. I have put some personal touches on it by adding drag wheels on the back instead of the flat metal v-skids and have upgraded the tv's and entertainment by adding a 22" flat screen in the bedroom and upsizing to a 32" in the living area also added a computer and accessories to watch movies. Also added a reciever adaptor to carry a bike rack on the rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drag wheel 2.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	28329   Click image for larger version

Name:	drag wheel .jpg
Views:	134
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	28330   Click image for larger version

Name:	NEW 32INCH TV.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	28331   Click image for larger version

Name:	computer.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	28334  
gasman6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #27

We love our vibe 6502 except our axle has bowed with the tires slicked off on the inside. The axle is 3500 lbs but the gvwr is 4,065. We hope we can get forest river to deal with this but also get a 5,000 lb axle. Anyone have any tips on getting this done?
Sea eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea eagle View Post
We love our vibe 6502 except our axle has bowed with the tires slicked off on the inside. The axle is 3500 lbs but the gvwr is 4,065. We hope we can get forest river to deal with this but also get a 5,000 lb axle. Anyone have any tips on getting this done?
See this post.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post283807
PA Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #29

my 27 vfk v-cross

Hello from Kansas city Mo. We love our v-cross. But we have had our problems. On our family vacation last July we went through all five tires I had with me and the exterior wall bulled out. Got it to the dealership a couple weeks later I get it back with new tires and axles. And made arrangements for it to go back to the factory to fix the wall. At this time I told them the new axles didn't look right. They told us to [I]take it and put some miles on it so we did a couple short trips everything seemed good. So now its December and the trailer is headed back to the factory.( Remember new axles and tires and empty.) The factory did a system check on it the radio was bad so they changed it, check ailment, and fixed wall. Mid January I go to pick my camper up. Wall was great. When I looked at the tire I became very upset ( that's putting it nicely) all four yires wore out again. needless to say I refused the trailer.
After talking to Darren at v-cross some big wheels there too and lippard axles. I now have heavy duty springs, 2- 4400 pound axles, radial tires,and aluminum rims. We hauled it a couple times already and everything seems good will know for sure in.July when we head for Moscow Idaho for ATV trip.
Thank you Darrin, v-cross, forest river, and lippard axles for letting this first time rv owner feel like family. We are very greatful and will always be a Forrest river owner.
If I can make a suggestion I would love to see and own a 3slide out travel trailer 1 in the bedroom and two in the kitchen-dinningroom-livingroom. You make it I'll buy it.
jerrygallion is offline   Reply With Quote