Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #1

Vibe 24X Black Tank Flush

DW and I were trying to use the black tank flush this morning prior to leaving the camping spot, hooked up the hose, no go, the water seemed to be restricted prior to entering the TT, hose accepted water but none was flowing into the black tank, confirmed by opening the dump valve, no water exited the tank. It was at this point I decided to read the caution sticker on the side by the BTF connection, it says something about the "Fullway Termination Valve must be in the open position", where the heck is this valve, a few other FR owners there were as baffled as we were. Any ideas? My choices are you very knowledgable Forum members or calling the dealer in the AM and asking them. TIA.
TAPS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #2

Never heard of a Fullway Termination valve, but the black tank flush is, or should be, plumbed like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank flush backflow preventer piping diagram.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	217669

Here's a pic of the anti-siphon/vacuum breaker valve. It's usually located under the bathroom sink, but could be most anywhere depending on your floorplan. Sometimes these valves stick closed. It also needs to be oriented vertically as shown. Some people have reported them to be plumbed "backwards" (i.e., inlet hose on the outlet and outlet hose on the inlet).

Name:	Tank flush backflow preventer.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	217670

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #3

The fullway termination dump valve is the holding tank's dump valve. The one you opened. Unbelievable that no one knew that at your location. It's a sticker installed on virtually every unit, or it should have been, with a black tank clean out installed by the factory. It is of course just a fancy name for the dump valve.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1_33116_2524049_88894018.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	217671   Click image for larger version

Name:	V15_Sonic_170VBH_WaterSewer_HighwayPackage.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	217673  
Attached Images

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
MarcKc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPS88 View Post
DW and I were trying to use the black tank flush this morning prior to leaving the camping spot, hooked up the hose, no go, the water seemed to be restricted prior to entering the TT, hose accepted water but none was flowing into the black tank, confirmed by opening the dump valve, no water exited the tank. It was at this point I decided to read the caution sticker on the side by the BTF connection, it says something about the "Fullway Termination Valve must be in the open position", where the heck is this valve, a few other FR owners there were as baffled as we were. Any ideas? My choices are you very knowledgable Forum members or calling the dealer in the AM and asking them. TIA.
It's just the fancy name for the gate valve you pull to open the outlet. The warning is to prevent an event that is quite dramatic, gross and will leave you wanting to just walk away and change your name. Lol. Look up some videos on YouTube about peeps filling the black tank with the outlet closed and creating a geyser of...urrm..nasty out the toilet or vent on the top of the trailor.
Lyrd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The fullway termination dump valve is the holding tank's dump valve. The one you opened. Unbelievable that no one knew that at your location. It's a sticker installed on virtually every unit, or it should have been, with a black tank clean out installed by the factory. It is of course just a fancy name for the dump valve.
That's what I figured, guess that is engineer speak. How long does it normally take to get water to flow from that tank, we did have the valve open as I said before, no water was coming out, could it be the anti-siphon/vacuum breaker valve sticking or incorrectly installed as Rockfordroo pointed out?
TAPS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #6

It could...

Quote:
That's what I figured, guess that is engineer speak. How long does it normally take to get water to flow from that tank, we did have the valve open as I said before, no water was coming out, could it be the anti-siphon/vacuum breaker valve sticking or incorrectly installed as Rockfordroo pointed out?
It could be. There's also a backflow preventer right where you connect the hose. It's a one-way valve to prevent flowage back into your hose when you turn the pressure off.

It's very easy to check. Pull off the domed screen at the connection. There will be a small plastic rod sticking out. It should move in and out pretty easily, but might be stuck. You may need a long-nose pliers to grasp it. Be gentle. You don't want to break it, just unstick it if it is stuck.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #7

Quote:
It has been my experience that clogging of the spray nozzle inside the tank is most likely the issue. Mind you, not the only cause but more often than not. There has been reports of the valve connected up wrong and also just failing. There typically is no backflow preventer valve at the hose connection input port as has been said. In fact the installation typically says that a backflow preventer should not be in series with the backflow/vacuum breaker in the installed tubing and there is no reason for there to be one.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank, vibe