Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #1

Vibe 268 RKS grey water

Brand new owner. First travel trailer. Complete rookie. Why are the two grey water tanks on our vibe?
Swhitesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #2

Smile

We absolutely love our 268RKS...I hope you do too. One of the gray tanks is for the kitchen(s), and one is for the bathroom.
Lakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegirl View Post
We absolutely love our 268RKS...I hope you do too. One of the gray tanks is for the kitchen(s), and one is for the bathroom.
Thanks Lakegirl. Made it home from our first outing. Realized my grey 2 tank still shows full. What'd I miss when I was at the dump station?
Old 04-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #4

this is a rear kitchen model? my guess would be you have two sewer dumps. one for the black and grey and then a second at the back of the trailer for the second grey. Gotta dump one and then pull up and dump the other?

I have some friends with a similar set up but its just a guess.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #5

Well lucky you!! I hope that you had a nice outing! Ours is still tucked away waiting for the snow to melt! So we are going by memory here. Hubby thinks the grey 2 is the kitchen and grey 1 is the bathroom. What we did (he!) at a stationary site hooked up to sewers...was put a “y” adapter which can be bought at any rv store...and attached a sewer hose to the kitchen ( which is easier to hook up before the slide comes out), and then connected that hose to one part of the y and the other side was the bathroom grey/ black. When emptying the tanks, do the black first, then flush out with the greys..one at a time. It is confusing..it has taken him some time to figure it out..let the solids go and the greys help to flush the black. If you are at a dump station you would have to do the bathroom black, then grey, and then pull ahead and do the other grey (kitchen). You should leave the valves closed, monitor the tanks and release all at once ( so that you have maximum flushing ability for your black rather than having the solids stay in bottom of tank without liquids to help).because the trailer is equipped with “black tank flush” this is what he says he does...after he empties the black, he closes the valve, hooks the water hose if available to the black tank flush, runs it 3-4 mins, then opens the gate valve to the black and lets it empty again, close it, run it again a few minutes and then shuts the water off, opens the valve again to drain the tank, close it amd then pull the grey. Again..this is when hooked up to sewers not at a dump. Our plan for the spring is to pipe in the back kitchen up to the bathroom one ( leaving all existing hookups just in case ever needed), so that there will just be one hookup near the bathroom. After speaking with a FR rep at Rv show last month, the reason that they do not do this is because they cannot meet the building plumbing code for drainage, but it should not be a problem to do so and we have a plumber doing it. Additional info..we also put 2 30 lb propane tanks instead of 20...and we only run one at a time, and we also put in another deep cycle heavy duty 12 v battery. I hope this helps!
Lakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #6

New issue with the Vibe. My city water is connected and is filling the fresh water tank. Any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swhitesell View Post
New issue with the Vibe. My city water is connected and is filling the fresh water tank. Any suggestions?
The check valve in your pump is stuck. There are lots of issues with this problem. Do a search at the top right of this page. It involves turning city water on and off but I forget the sequence.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
The check valve in your pump is stuck. There are lots of issues with this problem. Do a search at the top right of this page. It involves turning city water on and off but I forget the sequence.
You were right cavie. Found the sequence. Problem solved.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swhitesell View Post
You were right cavie. Found the sequence. Problem solved.
Glade to help. Now you can pass it on.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey water, vibe, water