Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2021, 12:54 PM   #1

Vibe 311rls awning fuse location?

I have not power to my awning and cannot find the fuse or circuit breaker that powers it. All fuses in the fusebox are ok and I checked all the circuit breakers underneath the trailer and they check ok. Any ideas on where they have it stashed?
vmfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:44 PM   #2
D W

Is your rig equipped with both a switch activated awning as well as remote controlled? If you have the remote option you should check the fuses in the remote receiver (pictured below). Additionally, it is quite possible the awning switch contacts have failed and is not sending any voltage to the awning motor. Check for voltage on the power side of the switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LippertLCIrecvr.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	264305  
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmfa View Post
I have not power to my awning and cannot find the fuse or circuit breaker that powers it. All fuses in the fusebox are ok and I checked all the circuit breakers underneath the trailer and they check ok. Any ideas on where they have it stashed?
No, I do not have a remote control for my awning. There is no power going to the supply side of the switch either on the top or bottom of the switch. These wires are wired opposite on the top and bottom contacts to reverse the voltage to take it in or take it out. The center pair of contacts is what goes to the awning to power it. There has to be a fuse or breaker somewhere for this thing but its not in the normal fuse box. Thanks for the suggestions though, Joe.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:19 PM   #4

fFound it finally. There is another fuse panel hidden in the Vibe inside the cabinet behind the drawers where the sink is. Thanks to the person who mentioned theirs was under there sink on the outside wall. Would never have seen it because a piece of wood is in front of it.

Quote:
No, I do not have a remote control for my awning. There is no power going to the supply side of the switch either on the top or bottom of the switch. These wires are wired opposite on the top and bottom contacts to reverse the voltage to take it in or take it out. The center pair of contacts is what goes to the awning to power it. There has to be a fuse or breaker somewhere for this thing but its not in the normal fuse box. Thanks for the suggestions though, Joe.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #5
D W

Quote:
fFound it finally. There is another fuse panel hidden in the Vibe inside the cabinet behind the drawers where the sink is. Thanks to the person who mentioned theirs was under there sink on the outside wall. Would never have seen it because a piece of wood is in front of it.
A picture of that fuse panel posted to this forum would be helpful to other VIBE owners.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:30 AM   #6

It was a blown fuse in the fuse box hid under the kitchen cupboard that houses the kitchen sink. The fuse panel is behind the kitchen drawers and almost impossible to access to check fuses. I relocated it from behind the kitchen drawers to the right towards the kitchen sink . If I did it right two pics should upload and show the original setting and the new location so the fuses are accessible to get in and out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	264889   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	264890  
Old 10-25-2021, 01:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
A picture of that fuse panel posted to this forum would be helpful to other VIBE owners.
Here are the pics you requested. I relocated it from behind the kitchen drawers where it was next to impossible to get the fuses back in once they were pulled out to the right of that area towards the kitchen sink.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	264891   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	264892  
Old 10-25-2021, 08:38 AM   #8
D W

That, my friend is a remote control receiver. The small black wire on the upper left side is the antenna that received the signal from the remote control. It appears you have remote control capabilities, but the dealer probably didn't provide you with the remote control.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LCI wireless contoller.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	264896  
Old 10-25-2021, 08:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
That, my friend is a remote control receiver. The small black wire on the upper left side is the antenna that received the signal from the remote control. It appears you have remote control capabilities, but the dealer probably didn't provide you with the remote control.
I saw that antenna wire and suspected that is exactly what it was!
Old 10-25-2021, 08:52 AM   #10
D W

In case you are able to dig up the remote from your dealer, here are the manuals for it:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LINC Remote Programming.pdf (2.90 MB, 30 views)
File Type: pdf LINC Wireless Remote.pdf (599.1 KB, 28 views)

Tags
awning, cat, fuse, location