Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #1

Vibe and Camping World

I've had nothing but disappointment with my Vibe 26BH and the idiots at our Camping World dealer. During the walkthrough a wooden stile on a cabinet was found to be broken. They said it was already on order. They lied. It took another two weeks of calls before they ordered it. Then I got an email that the part had came in. It took two weeks to reach someone for an appointment. Then when I arrived this Saturday they weren't expecting me. Apparently they person that scheduled me didn't tell anyone. Three days pass and I'm told the stile that came in is the wrong color. On top of that the slideout window molding was not ordered when brought to their attention weeks ago. Even though the molding is a common stocked item for service departments. So fed up way too soon in my ownership of my new TT. Wish I could just tell them to keep it and get out of my contract.
RetiredSoldier919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

So sorry for your experience.....
However, there are too many horror stories to count when dealing with Camping World.
You have your work cut out for you, and even more now in today’s situation.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:58 PM   #3
Lifesylers

Feel your pain...Bought 40 DP from CW 2015 year..had cracked windshield. part of deal they would replace...had to order..took forever to get it in..called me 3 months later which is BS for shipping...kept it for 3 weeks...broke the new one while installing....funny thing only took additional 2 weeks to get it replaced...In the meantime they used our baths and filled both black and grey water tanks..Also found womans bra much larger than my wifes in coach...Oh same day of pickup small truck threw rock..but another ding in the new windshield..insurance covered and 1 week later was installed at my house...Installers discover that CW glued windshield to parts of interior dash...Jeez
Old 03-17-2020, 07:58 PM   #4
Enjoying Life

Time to escalate:
Use the Marcus Lemonis angle
He says if your not happy, I'm not happy(Maybe, Maybe not)

CALL MY OFFICE 866.232.8790
Or Email me at MarcusVIP@goodsam.com

Give all the details and contacts you have had. It may do some good, it may not, but at least you can give it a shot.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:35 PM   #5

Just another Camping World Horror Story...

Gander camping world is the same story...

Perhaps keep a log of who you talk to and then follow up with them in 3 days to see if the part was really ordered... you can even check with FR to do that... or so I am told as I have never had to do that...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #6

Camping World

I do not do any business w/ them due to constant problems. The only thing keeping them afloat is Good Sam membership. Their store is close for me but, constant out of stocks, rude help, etc. I will drive out of 30 minutes to get needs. Last time I was in, I asked them to order a part for a trailer line they carry. I was told to drive 30 miles to another competitor's store, they did not have time to order. Then the cashier got mad because I did not renew my membership, Duh.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:35 PM   #7

I feel obligated to address a reply. This is a complaint of an individual store. There are many Camping Worlds and Gander which is identical. In fact my closest store in Columbia, MO has become a Gander. I have never had service as quick or friendly and I felt as fair priced as any other corporate RV service. I, like the originator of this thread did have a problem with a Camping World, not the one I go to now. I wrote a detailed letter to Marcus Lemonis. I feel it likely never made his desk and was headed off, but 3 days after mailing, I received a call from that CW and was informed they had been instructed to do whatever it took to make me happy. My problem happened to be in the Service Dept. They did satisfy me and I wrote another letter to thank corporate office for handling my issue. So, I do not complain about individual CW's. Each one has a different manager.
Old codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:20 PM   #8

Good for you Old codger...

you got something done... write a letter and maybe something gets done...

but IF I am going to run a National chain, I have to have quality and consistency across the board, like McDonalds and KFC...

way too many complaints about Camping Worlds to suit me on this board. If you find a good one, then great! I think your testimonial may be the second I have read to say something good about CW.

I used to shop a Gander sports equipment store, ( old Gander Mountain) which was more then decent but is now worse then the sports dept at Walmart... all run by the same Camping World outfit. Over-priced merchandise and not-knowledgeable workers. Buy a Good Sam membership and get 10% off our normally inflated price tags. NO THANKS

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:29 AM   #9

I bought from the same CW you did I believe if you bought local. They never did address any issues from my PDI. I knew what I was getting into early based on feedback from a friend and my issues were simple fixes for me so I never went back to them and never will.

You are better served working with FR directly for warrenty work in advance and using a mobile RV tech or do it yourself and get reimbursed. I noticed you listed woodworking in your profile so odds are you will be much happier with the work you do compared to what they will do to it and you wont lose access to it for months at a time with more coming back wrong than when it went in.

They wanted me to tow it 40min to swap a leaky $6 propane pigtail "we have to see it to swap it for warrenty work". Could not even mail them the broken part and it was documented in the PDI. They were worthless.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #10

CW

We travel over 10K miles a year, 4-5 months. What I expressed was from experience from several CWs, especially the the one in Fort Worth TX. Adding Gander Mountain, which has gone bankrupt several times did not help their reputation. I also did a lot of business w/ Gander, online and in store over the last 20 years. They just could not compete w/ the bigger chains.
I am glad you had a good experience, from other posts, it seems to be the exception.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:05 PM   #11
MCTroy

Our friend bought a new SOB TT last year. It needed some small warranty repairs so he called a nearby Gander Mountain. Nope. They would not even talk to him about it. He had to drive twice the distance to CW...that was 3 weeks ago. Still no repair AND HE HAD AN APPOINTMENT! Crazy. All that for a fresh water pump replacement! Never, ever any CW. We will give up camping before we deal with any of them!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:56 AM   #12

Try to work with Forest River directly, get the parts and install/replace your self or find RV repair shop/dealership that will honor the Forest River Warranty
Moosey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey1 View Post
Try to work with Forest River directly, get the parts and install/replace your self or find RV repair shop/dealership that will honor the Forest River Warranty
That's my plan. Does anyone on here have FR waranty contacts? Someone with some authority to get things done. I have issues with my slide out that is really bothering me. In the picture below you can see tracks being made by what I suspect are rollers that bear the weight of the slideout. I'd like to know if this is normal or a problem that will only get worse. Seems the tracks are getting deeper with each movement of the slideout. Since taking this picture there have been more groves all spaced evenly across the bottom side of the slideout.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200405_135237.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	229110
Old 05-15-2020, 02:14 PM   #14
Lifesylers

Good luck this is a FR screwup, should have metal plates for the rollers to travel down. My RV repair shop sees this from time to time. I have tried contacting FR both email and phone. Good Luck, I gave up. Mine are gouged as well
Old 05-15-2020, 04:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestylers View Post
Good luck this is a FR screwup, should have metal plates for the rollers to travel down. My RV repair shop sees this from time to time. I have tried contacting FR both email and phone. Good Luck, I gave up. Mine are gouged as well
That's what I thought of doing my self using something like a metal 36 inch rulers. Maybe easing the leading edge so the rollers smoothly go over it.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:21 PM   #16

[QUOTE=RetiredSoldier919;2324982]That's what I thought of doing my self using something like a metal 36 inch rulers. Maybe easing the leading edge so the rollers smoothly go over it.

Well today I took time to look under the slideout again. Not good news. As I retracted it there was shaking and noisier than before. I crawled under the slider and took these pics.

Here I used a wide scraper to look behind the seal hoping to see the rollers. However, I only see the top of a metal square tube that runs the length of the slideout.

Name:	20200516_170830.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	229206

I used an endoscope camera attached to my cell phone to see it from inside the RV. It's the same metal tube running the length of the slideout. No rollers to be seen. It looks like the floor just sits on that tube. In this picture you can see a small pile of wood shavings that came from the slideout bottom sitting in front of that metal tube.

Name:	IPC_2020-05-16.15.11.45.5770.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	229207

I'm going to try contacting FR directly for service. I plan on not using Camping World for this.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:36 PM   #17

I now know what is going on. For anyone else having this issue.

https://youtu.be/HgGEWmeojN0
Old 05-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #18

Not a fan of CW, I stopped at the Vacaville facility last week to buy a level I could see in my rearview mirror.
The parking lot was full of RV's, there was no where for customers to park. These rigs were not connected to a TV so they were either in for repairs/service or they were for sale.
Did the virus create an overstock of unsold RV's?
Old 05-18-2020, 07:31 AM   #19

How I feel about Forest River's idea to install a wear bar instead of rollers.

https://youtu.be/Jn5BMZf8e3A
Old 05-18-2020, 09:11 AM   #20

Call the warranty department for Vibe directly, not Forest River. You are more apt to get a prompt response. FR is the parent company.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe