Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2015, 05:17 AM   #1

Vibes discontinued?

I went to the Forest River web site and was unable to find the V-Cross Vibes. So I am thinking they may have been discontinued.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #2

I can't find anything either. Might just call them tomorrow to find out the answer.
Blubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
Director, FROG

Alive and well as far as I know:
Vibe Extreme Lite Travel Trailers by Forest River RV

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #4

I went to the Forest River web site and was unable to find the V-Cross 5th wheels. Kind of makes me nervous.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Yes, the Extreme Lite Vibe are listed but the question is in reference to the 6500 series Vibes.
No where on their website could I find it so I've sent an inquiry to FR re: the question as to the Vibe 6500 series status
Old 01-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #6

I've just received an email from Nichole R. at Forest River they have discontinued their Vibe 6500 series.
I've made another inquiry as to why and how we will now get any replacement parts.
I will keep you all updated
Old 01-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #7

Only explanation received was their new Vibe product line was doing much better in sales and they decided to go that route.
If you need replacement parts please call the following number 203-593-4001.
Also if you would like to talk to Forest River customer service 574-533-6673
Not a very happy camper (no pun intended) right now. I wish I had known this prior to this big ticket purchase that within a year it was no longer going to be produced. You cannot tell me a big company does this type of thing over night they had to know about this at least a year ago if not longer. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #8

We were interested in the 6504 model when we were shopping in Nov, but couldn't find one to look at anywhere in the Metroplex. That's sad, it was a cute little model that stuffed all our requirements into a much smaller footprint than we ended up with. (Apex 288bhs) Hope you're able to keep your camper tip-top, I can relate to the frustration.

The Bunkhouse! 2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
!
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #9

Thanks for the support Birdhouse
Old 01-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubear View Post
Only explanation received was their new Vibe product line was doing much better in sales and they decided to go that route.
If you need replacement parts please call the following number 203-593-4001.
Also if you would like to talk to Forest River customer service 574-533-6673
Not a very happy camper (no pun intended) right now. I wish I had known this prior to this big ticket purchase that within a year it was no longer going to be produced. You cannot tell me a big company does this type of thing over night they had to know about this at least a year ago if not longer. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.
With only 70 produced, the Aviator I own was a very short-lived product line so I understand where you are coming from. It helps to keep in mind most RV parts are common to the industry so it is really only model exclusive parts you may have to worry about. I really like my Aviator so I try to look at it as being unique and innovative rather than the sales flop that it really was!

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubear View Post
I've just received an email from Nichole R. at Forest River they have discontinued their Vibe 6500 series.
I've made another inquiry as to why and how we will now get any replacement parts.
I will keep you all updated
What kind of parts are you concerned about??
Appliances, pumps, light fixtures, electronics are not model specific and parts should be available.
If you're worried about collision repair parts then I donno.....
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #12

I think travel trailers are not much different from a house all the parts are available except for the fiberglass front cap as far as I know. I am not concerned, It may affect resale value but maybe not. I think the Vibes have been a good value for what they have been selling for especially now the ones left may be sold at a bigger discount. I think they never were that popular for what reason I don't know, the r-pods have been very popular which in ways are very similar. Jayco made a similar trailer called the Skylark but was discontinued after one or two years and read that it was too expensive to build. Think possitive the Vibe 6500 series may become a collectors item in the future.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:29 PM   #13

Just my opinions, the Vibes are (were) a bit more expensive than other TT's in the light weight class. In part, due to the aluminum frame and laminate/foam construction. Compared to the Jayco Swifts (conventional "stick and tin" construction), which looked to be of equivalent fit, finish, and equipment, but sell for thousands less than the Vibes. We bought a 6501 just before Christmas on a closeout deal ($14000) and could have purchased the same size/equipped Swift for $12000 before negotiations. The Vibe looks like a reworked horse trailer-people are not always comfortable with something unconventional. We bought the Vibe for specific reasons; the huge, pass-thru underbed storage-which necessitates stepping up into the bed (a common complaint we hear when camping is how much folks hate climbing up into bed), the large fridge (for this size camper), the 80" ceiling height. Plus, I can tow it with my discontinued Toyota FJ!
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #14

I emailed Forest River yesterday regarding the discontinuing of V-Cross fivers and their site stated that they would get back to me in 48 hours or less. I will post whatever I find out.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #15
Rivnut

KenHwy61;
I thought I'd jump in with the Aviator Electra. All is fixed at this time. The folks over at the Surveyor line are baby sitting these orphans. We made the Christmas trip to Miami and had to practically hide from all the gawkers that have never seen one. Found one dealer in Anniston, AL. "Dandy RV" that is willing to take care of our warranty issues.
See you at the August Rally??
Rivnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #16

I'm glad to hear you got the bugs worked out of your trailer Rivnut. It's good to hear they take care of their orphans! I was wondering who was doing the work at Forest River since the Aviator is no more. I suppose some folks switched over to the Surveyor line and have the knowledge of how the Aviator was put together. I hope they will be able to do work even out of warranty if need be. The only thing I really worry about it the big front windows and the surrounding structure. Those windows have got to be heavy. I camped out on the South Dakota prairie last summer and drove across some very rough and rutted trails. I had visions of the front windows popping out of the frames from all the twisting and bouncing but everything held together great. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to the FROG rally.I would really like to go but it is hard for my wife and I to get enough time off of work to get to all the places we would like.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe