Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #1

Which switch for which heater pad ?

It there any way to tell which switch goes to which heater pad.

The reason I would want to know, is that you're not supposed to use them on an empty tank, and I could concievably be in a situation where one tank was empty so I wouldn't want to turn that one on.

There are two switches next to the TV and one below it on the side of the fireplace surround, but no indication which is which, and I really can't think of a way to figure it out short of tracing wires.

Thanks in advance.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:34 PM   #2

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. The manufacturer of the pads now says that no damage will be done to any tank, they just suggest they be turned off when not needed so the pads don't cycle on and off unnecessarily.

Probably should be labeled but not surprising if not. If you can access the tanks a simple check with test light or Multi-Meter can ID which switch controls which heater pad. THEN label the switches.

Pads are supposed to shut off at 60 degrees as temp rises. Wattage is low with most pads maxing out at 75 watts for the largest. Small pads for the elbows/pipes are a lot less at only 7 watts.

It's not as if you have an electric hotplate that's being left on without a pot of water on it.

FWIW, Forest River's "Manual" that they supply is both generic and outdated. Best information is from the accessory supplier's themselves by going to their websites. If the current manuals aren't posted most have a form under their "Contact Us" tab where you can ask a question and most will get back with an answer in a day or two.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #3

For those that have the fireplace, is there a switch on the side that only controls the accent lights on the speakers outside? I was told it was a third tank heater switch, but I'm guessing, the tourguide was mis-informed. I just want to be sure.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, switch