Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #1

Dish Winegard PA2000R for RPOD receiver

We are going to be full-timing for the next year in our RPOD before our new house is available. We will be using Dish but have some questions. What I'm wondering is where do we locate the receiver in our RPOD? I'm assuming we just hook up to the satellite link on the outside but not sure about the receiver side as there is not a lot of room in here.

Karen & Joel
Old 07-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #2

Have you thought about mounting it on the closet wall? I'll look at the pictures I took at the factory but I think there is space without wiring there. The the cabling and power would be convenient.
Arenablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #3

I looked at the factory tour pictures but they were not definitive. They were running 182's on the assembly line when I took the pictures but it looks like you could install a shelf to hold the receiver below the television. I would only attach a shelf to one wall so you wouldn't have to worry about wracking pulling the shelf loose. You might also want to check the R-pod Owners Forum as they have more members and some them modifiy every thing.
Arenablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #4

Thanks for the idea. My son is very good with this type of thing and I'll have him see what he can do when we get back to Texas in September before we start our long winter tour in the RPOD.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:15 PM   #5

Have a new RPOD 180. Have found that the storage door should be the same. The storage area in the rear has a larger door but not much room. The front storage area has a smaller door with a lot of storage in. Could not put a small grill in any of the area U would think they would think a little harder when building these things Also found the step for a trailer a little to high. Long step down they did want to put a third step in
condocat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winegard