Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #1

Hoping Somebody Can Help with 183g Question

Hello, new to R-pod. I have just purchased a 183g model. The garage I have does not have the three basins, or a TV mount. In all pictures there is the metal TV bracket in the back.
On the Forest River r-pod brochure it says there is an entertainment center in the back. Does that not include the TV mount as mine does not have one, and the dealership says one does not come standard on the garage models.
I emailed Forest River about 3 weeks ago with the question and nobody got back to me. So hopefully somebody here can. Thanks
Hunter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #2

The older garage models have what you are describing as far as the basins. Those are replaced now with what you have. One flat area with a sink.

There is not an entertainment system in the back of them. The older Radios that used to have an accessory piece to control the entertainment system from the back are now end of life and no longer made so they are not there anymore.

You can download an app that will control it though via bluetooth.

Now, there "should" be a bracket back there so you can move the TV from the inside to the outside, the earliest 183gs did have that still. And there still should be the audio jacks back there.

Do you have the Audio connections? The Red, Yellow, White cable connectors in the back upper left corner? If so then yes there should also be a bracket there to move the TV to that position once you are at camp if you want.

If the connections aren't there though then that would mean that they have also been phased out. But I have not seen a garage model even the newest ones without them so that would be news to me if so.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #3

Yes, I have all the TV hook ups in the garage. They are laid out a bit different than in the previous garage with the basins, as mine are all in one line going top to bottom. I have a 110 plug for the TV, I have the coax for the cable/satellite and I have the red/white and yellow. Not sure what I am going to get out of it, as the dealership said it does not come with it.

I contacted Forest River with no answer. So I guess I am stuck not having one, or putting on in myself.

Thank you for your help.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #4

tThis is what the garage on mine looks like.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #5

Somehow that bracket had to have just been forgotten. I'd push to get one, who are Forest River did you deal with? If you want email me at rpod.spotter@gmail.com and I can see about putting you in contact with someone who might be able to help.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #6

Thank you so very much for your help. I did send another email to Forest River this afternoon, and Samantha got right back to me. So maybe my other email got lost in cyber space somewhere. Thanks again for all your help
Old 04-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter74 View Post
Thank you so very much for your help. I did send another email to Forest River this afternoon, and Samantha got right back to me. So maybe my other email got lost in cyber space somewhere. Thanks again for all your help

Samantha should be able to get you all sorted out. She's very nice and helpful.