Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
PhD, Common Sense

I was robbed!

We get a break on our insurance because our R-Pod is usually stored in a locked storage area and monitored by CCTV. Yet, all the while we couldn’t store the eye-Pod, because the road was under construction, no one disturbed it in our driveway.

About two weeks after putting the TT back into “secure” storage, it was broken into.

I didn’t bother mentioning this earlier because I thought it would be a bad idea to announce on social media, for all the world to see, that my TT was not securable.

Anyway, it is repaired now, and back in “secure” storage.

Nothing was actually stolen. Several storage units (including ours) were broken into, and lots of valuables were stolen. Ours was the only TT broken into. Curiously, even though both our unit and TT were broken into, nothing of ours was stolen. Lots of damage and rummaging, though.

They broke into the TT by punching a pry bar through the door and ripping it open. They were too dumb, once they punched through, to simply unlatch the door from the inside. Either way though, the door would have to be replaced, and the TT could not be secured until it was replaced.

Some other minor damage inside, total $1700 ($150 deductible). My adjuster was a boob, but my agent set him straight. Nationwide.

Repair facility was Lewis RV in Dayton. (Thanks, Ray, great service.) Originally, I was going to take it to Jeff Couch but, as usual, their service department sucks. Great sales experience. Nothing but trouble from the service department.

If I ever need a new R-Pod, I’ll hit up Jeff Couch. However for service, it’ll be Lewis RV!

New door looks a lot brighter than the rest of the R-Pod, but hey, that’s life.

Years ago, not relying on God, I’d’ve been angry for months, making my life miserable (and the lives of those around me too). But, I have forgiven the thugs who did this, and am at peace with the small financial loss and the inconvenience.

The cops aren’t so forgiving. They caught the criminals, and they will do time.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed