Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 01:39 AM   #1

Leak in new 179

Hello there. Has anyone had a leak in there new 179? It has been raining and the pop out is out as we stay in it every night. Today I noticed a small puddle of water on the floor. It is by the right side of the pop out and appears to be tracking in on the pop outs track rail. Checked outside and can't see a thing. Any ideas from anyone? I would add that it has rained before but we didn't notice anything then but also wasn't looking. Other than that we have been happy. Thanks for any suggestion.
Shaun
Diver123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #2

It's not specifically common with the 179, but moreso with the Schwintek slide that it has in it.

Sometimes it really is just a fluke that rain hits at just the right angle and your slideout is facing into the rain and perhaps one of your flaps isn't completely flush with the slide.

In the future check once your slide is out that the seals are all pulled out and flush against the slide, but if it persists even after that you might want to have your dealer check it out.

If it's an issue with the slide itself and it might need some servicing to re-seat it.

I'd certainly double check the seals first.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #3

A little update. I checked all the seals and made sure everything was flat that should be. Water was still coming in. So on a whim I thought about checking how level it was from left to right. It was slightly tipped towards the slide out side. So in the rain I moved trailer and lowered the slide out side by an 1.75 inches. Oddly enough the leak stopped. The only thing I can think of was it was tilted just enough to allow water to track along the rail. So future reference is make sure its tilted towards the slide out.. Rain in forcast in a few days so we will see what happens then.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #4

I wonder if putting a small spot of silicone, on top the schwintek tracks, would divert water off the tops of the tracks and stop it from finding it's way inside?
Old 11-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #5

That might be a good idea worth trying just in case. Thanks
Shaun

Tags
leak