Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #1

RPOD 179 Questions

Just bought a 2014 RPOD 179 in June and love it. But, I have a few questions.
1. I am concerned that I do not need to turn on my water pump when using the fresh water tank as a water source. Is it gravity fed or is there an override for forgetful people?

2. Can I bypass the water heater because I do not want to use it.

3. Can someone point me to a good video tutorial on winterizing? Which process is better, the compressed air and antifreeze or the antifreeze only?

Thanks for the help.
Bearlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #2

I have an older rpod. 2012 171.
1. My water pump switch is located just below the sink and has a red light when on.
2. You would be able to access your hot water compartment below your bed. Make sure heater is drained and turn the two valves on 90 degrees. The turn the third one on connecting 90 so it looks like the other two had originally.
3. Last year I did air and anti freeze. This year I gravity drained the system then charged with anti freeze. Same compartment as water heater should see an extra line to draw straight from jugs.
ffolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearlover View Post
Just bought a 2014 RPOD 179 in June and love it. But, I have a few questions.
1. I am concerned that I do not need to turn on my water pump when using the fresh water tank as a water source. Is it gravity fed or is there an override for forgetful people?

2. Can I bypass the water heater because I do not want to use it.

3. Can someone point me to a good video tutorial on winterizing? Which process is better, the compressed air and antifreeze or the antifreeze only?

Thanks for the help.
Congratulations on the 179, they sure are a popular model this year, very quickly growing into one of the most popular ones!

You can bypass the water heater if you want, do you mean to say you'll never want hot water in your camper though? But yes you could turn it off completely via the valves under your bed area. You'd want to make sure yo turn off the electrical component of your water heater outside behind the cover. No need to have it heating water and to prevent possible damage.

As far as a video for winterization, if you go to youtube and look for the R-Pod Spotter youtube channel there is a complete video walkthrough of winterizing an Rpod and the dewinterization in the spring. As well as other Rpod related videos!
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #4

We do most of our cooking and all of our dish washing outside. We just use the toilet for the middle of the night and not for solid waste.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #5

Quote:
We do most of our cooking and all of our dish washing outside. We just use the toilet for the middle of the night and not for solid waste.
That is indeed a good reason, best of luck with your travels and adventures. What part of the world do you camp in and around?
Old 10-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #6

Mostly Virginia state parks. Just spent the weekend at North Bend Park, which is an Army Corp of Engineers campground. Very nice campground.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Mostly Virginia state parks. Just spent the weekend at North Bend Park, which is an Army Corp of Engineers campground. Very nice campground.

Well you are in the neck of the woods for a few rallies next year. The 7th Annual ERU is in West Virginia next season.

Maybe we'll bump into you sometime.