Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #1

Rpod 196 furnace issue

I have a new 2020 rpod 196. It has recently started getting colder where I am and I would like to use my furnace. I switched my thermostat over to heat and set a comfortable temperature. My furnace turned on and ran for a few minutes then shut off. It did not turn back on even though it was still cold in my trailer. The only way I can get it to come on is to manually turn it on at the thermostat and let it run for a few minutes at a time. I have even tried turning it to auto like some others have suggested with furnace issues in other threads. I have plenty of propane and my intake to the outside is not blocked. Any ideas on what I can do?
Muurphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:01 AM   #2

I've not had that problem, but when I start my furnace in our 2020 195, I set the desired room temp way high (80 degrees) then let it ignite and run a few minutes before turning the temp down to where I want it. It cycles just fine after that. Might give that a try and see how it works. As my DW found out, make sure the garbage container is not in front of the heater. :-)
Dirt Sifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Sifter View Post
I've not had that problem, but when I start my furnace in our 2020 195, I set the desired room temp way high (80 degrees) then let it ignite and run a few minutes before turning the temp down to where I want it. It cycles just fine after that. Might give that a try and see how it works. As my DW found out, make sure the garbage container is not in front of the heater. :-)
Ditto on our 196. We have to turn it up then set at the desired temperature we want. May just be us but works like we expect after doing it this way.
Rlbccb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this, I set my thermostat to 90 (the highest it will go) and it still ran for just a couple of minutes before shutting off. I've seen other suggestions to light the stove to make sure gas is getting to the back of the trailer and also a suggestion to turn the propane on slowly. I've tried all of these and still had no luck, I'm stumped so far.
Muurphie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace