Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #1

RPod 202 width/length of living area

It has been a few years since we have been owners of a travel trailer but are yearning to get back into it. We have been empty nesters now for a few years but our boys and their spouses will be coming with us on different trips. One of the couples' are absolute "tenters" and would have their own sleeping area outside of the trailer. The youngest couple is actually expecting a baby and my wife would like to keep the mother-to-be as comfortable as she can.We have scoured the internet to find what we think we would like (the whole Covid-19 avoidance thing). My wife and I both love the floor plan of the Rpod 202 but if we do have another couple tag along, we are concerned that the dinette would be kind of small for 2 adults, and it doesn't look like the fold out couch would be that much larger. Does anyone know what the measurements for the fold out couch would be in the "open" position? Also, a worse case scenario would be an air mattress on the floor between the dinette (or couch) and the entertainment center wall. How wide and long is the floor space?
Old 12-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #2

I don't know your actual rig but most of the couches that make into a sleeping area are the same size as an RV queen. Keep in mind they may not be very comfortable tho and require some extra padding (actual experience)
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #3

the dinette is 41x74 according to Google. There is an image of the floor plan that comes up, with some dimensions listed.
AZ Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #4

I tried to sleep on both the dinette and jackknife sofa of our Roo 23SS and determined they're only suitable for small children or guests you want to leave in the morning so they don't get subjected to them again. I can't imagine the Rpods are different. Two or three queen beds in a hybrid give everyone an actual bed that isn't disassembled/reassembled every day.

-- Chuck
Old 12-25-2021, 08:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyD View Post
It has been a few years since we have been owners of a travel trailer but are yearning to get back into it. We have been empty nesters now for a few years but our boys and their spouses will be coming with us on different trips. One of the couples' are absolute "tenters" and would have their own sleeping area outside of the trailer. The youngest couple is actually expecting a baby and my wife would like to keep the mother-to-be as comfortable as she can.We have scoured the internet to find what we think we would like (the whole Covid-19 avoidance thing). My wife and I both love the floor plan of the Rpod 202 but if we do have another couple tag along, we are concerned that the dinette would be kind of small for 2 adults, and it doesn't look like the fold out couch would be that much larger. Does anyone know what the measurements for the fold out couch would be in the "open" position? Also, a worse case scenario would be an air mattress on the floor between the dinette (or couch) and the entertainment center wall. How wide and long is the floor space?

My wife and I purchased our RPod 202 2022 with the dinette.
It is pretty comfortable for a couple . We do use the dinette as a bed, we did purchase 3” pad mattress toppers. The storage is amazing.

My one gripe is the sizing of the solar. One panel 100w and dinky 10a trickle PWM solar charger with a 28ah sealed acid . I am planning to upgrade to 620ah LiFePO4 .

We took three dogs with us this summer to our camping spot in the mountains .
nebraskadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:32 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5868.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	267075
Old 12-25-2021, 08:38 PM   #7

Covid avoidance? not a term i have heard? No social distancing in a rpod
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Covid avoidance? not a term i have heard? No social distancing in a rpod

Covid avoidance is getting the heck away from a society with untreated undifferentiated anxiety disorder.