Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #1

rPOD AWNINGS

I have seen a pic of an rPod with a U-shaped awning that looked as though it's support on the side away from the camper was flexible fiberglass rods. it appeared to extend 10 to 12 feet from the rPod side. Anyone know of such an awning?

Currently I use a home-made lash-up. My local welder took some stainless rod stock and made short hot dogs, then welded stainless steel hooks to the rounded surface (not the ends). The hot dogs slide up into the rPod side rail, exposing the hooks.

I got a 12 ft Kelty tarp and hook one side to the stainless hooks. The "away" side of the tarp is supported by three telescoping aluminum poles and guy ropes. Works well, but in rain there is a gap between the camper and edge of the Kelty tarp.
TEDRONEJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #2

Sounds like a ParaQue visor by your description. Check out their website.
mcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #3

Rod makes an accessory enclosure that uses a flexible wand. It almost doubles the living space and is weatherproof as long as you stake it down. Very well built with windows, shades and screens along with multiple entrances!

Backpacker, former 182G owner with fond memories!
glfillion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning