Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #1

rPod Roof - Is this normal, or bad news?

Hello rPodders! I need some help!

I was working off a ladder today (safely!!) cleaning a bird’s nest out of the A/C unit on the roof of our fairly new rPOD 176. As I removed the AC unit cover, I noticed a slight upward bulge in the roofing material. As I pushed down on the roof with my thumb I could feel a ~1 inch air gap between the exterior sheet of the roof and the inner roof structure. As the roof extends toward the front and back of the trailer it then gets solid (~no air gap).

There does not appear to be any breaks or problems with any sidewall-to-roof seals, or the seals around the A/C unit, fantastic fan, plumbing vents, or solar wiring connectors. We were in a major rain storm about a month ago and experienced no leaks.

I was expecting the roof to feel solid like the front, back, and side walls. I had never inspected the roof this closely before so I don't know if this is 'normal' or something to be concerned about (as in warranty work). I have a feeling this is bad news…………

All feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobA View Post
Hello rPodders! I need some help!

I was working off a ladder today (safely!!) cleaning a bird’s nest out of the A/C unit on the roof of our fairly new rPOD 176. As I removed the AC unit cover, I noticed a slight upward bulge in the roofing material. As I pushed down on the roof with my thumb I could feel a ~1 inch air gap between the exterior sheet of the roof and the inner roof structure. As the roof extends toward the front and back of the trailer it then gets solid (~no air gap).

There does not appear to be any breaks or problems with any sidewall-to-roof seals, or the seals around the A/C unit, fantastic fan, plumbing vents, or solar wiring connectors. We were in a major rain storm about a month ago and experienced no leaks.

I was expecting the roof to feel solid like the front, back, and side walls. I had never inspected the roof this closely before so I don't know if this is 'normal' or something to be concerned about (as in warranty work). I have a feeling this is bad news…………

All feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
Completely normal. The factory actually runs wires through there so you will find lumps.
masonboswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #3

+1, NORMAL, mine has same issues.
mcarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof