Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
RP182G

Water line came loose.

We were on out third camping trip in our 2015 182G. Camping in a state park, with full hook ups. Attached the water hose to the fresh water connector on the outside. All was fine for a couple of hours, then all of a sudden I heard the gushing sound of water running, took me a few seconds to figure out what was going on. It turned out that the hose which is located under the bench, between the furnace and water heater had come loose, and water was for about twenty seconds or so flooding into the r-pod. Luckily we were there, I hate to think what the situation could have been if we was gone for a few hours, the whole camper would have flooded😭

Having a closer look at the hose and the clamp, it was not adjusted and tightened properly from the factory, a good reminder to check all connectors on a regular basis. We were able to put on a new and better clamp, and all seems fine now.
SISUNOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #2

We have a (Resident Expert) on Water Inside the Camper,just ask for (Aquaman)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
Alleged curmudgeon

That's a good reminder. Based on your positive attitude and obvious quick action, I'm sure you already know this, but I'll add this for others who might learn from your post...be sure to get that baby dried out ASAP to avoid any lasting affect from this incident! Enjoy the new unit!
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SISUNOR View Post
We were on out third camping trip in our 2015 182G. Camping in a state park, with full hook ups. Attached the water hose to the fresh water connector on the outside. All was fine for a couple of hours, then all of a sudden I heard the gushing sound of water running, took me a few seconds to figure out what was going on. It turned out that the hose which is located under the bench, between the furnace and water heater had come loose, and water was for about twenty seconds or so flooding into the r-pod. Luckily we were there, I hate to think what the situation could have been if we was gone for a few hours, the whole camper would have flooded😭

Having a closer look at the hose and the clamp, it was not adjusted and tightened properly from the factory, a good reminder to check all connectors on a regular basis. We were able to put on a new and better clamp, and all seems fine now.
Very good advice, it's always smart to check any and all connections that you can!
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water