Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #1

Angry 2015 Sandstorm 210SLC fuel station problems

Went to use the fuel station for the first time and it did not work.
Put 20 gallons in the tank so i know there is fuel in the tank.
When you turn on the fuel switch on in side the trailer the gas gauge lights up but still shows empty.
The fuel pump does not turn on. I tried the E switch both ways out by the pump and still no go.
Checked the fuse and it was good.
Jumped out the pump to make sure it was not the problem. It runs fine when it has power.
The dealer said today that they could not even look at it until the 22 of July and that is not going to work.
Any info or advice would be great.

Thanks
Steve
jeepinalabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:07 PM   #2

Well not familiar yet with Sandstorm systems, looking for it to be our next rv. With our old toy box I had two pump failures. But before I found that the pump was dead I tracked twelve volt from the fuse to the timer switch then to the pump. Power was good so took it apart and found problem oinside pump. Second time the vpump died. While installing the new one I found a bad ground and petty sure the poor connection and resulting low voltage killed the pump. Since you get some electrical indicators and the pump works on the bench, I would be looking at the wiring and mostly the ground.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #3

okay, this is not working too well tonight but I have replaced our comp twice. The first time I traced all of the electrical and found that it was getting voltage so I took the pump apart and fixed it. Then I put it back in and it seemed to work. Shortly it died again and the second time the motor was completely dead. While putting the new one in I discovered that the ground was inadequate and realized that a low voltage from a bad ground is probably what killed the motor. Since you seem to be getting some electrical but not running the pump, and the pump seems to work on the bench, obviously its not getting good electrical in place. suggest you double check the electrical circuit to the pump make sure the timer switch is giving you good current and then go to what seems to be the number one culprit in automotive electrical, find the ground check the ground reconnect the ground until you're sure you have a good ground. you're getting 12 volt through the switch and a good ground and the motor works on the bench you should be home free
Old 07-22-2015, 11:17 PM   #4

okay, sorry I did that twice. The first one got lost and I didn't think it posted. A couple minutes later it popped up oh well, there's your answer twice

Tags