Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2016, 11:04 PM   #1

2016 Sandstorm led light condensation

Hi All, new to the forum. In August we bought a Sandstorm 270 SLR and with all the weather we're getting here in Utah I've noticed condensation inside the LED running light covers. I can also see the exposed electronics so I'm guessing this is not good? Has anyone else noticed this issue and any clues on what to do about it?
go utes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #2

I've got it as well. My 180 is three years old. I know this sounds horrible but I saw it after the first winter we had it, we're close to Boise and it's desert dry most of the time. They still work but now I will probably pull one off the side of the camper just to see if it really is a problem.
jbovard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
Newly Retired

I have a 2016 Sandstorm with droplets of water inside the marker lights. I removed one to see if it could be dried out and it appeared to be one piece with no way to take it apart. I will look on Ebay for replacements when they do finally fail.
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #4

I just picked my trailer up from the dealer - had a roof leak. Not sure if that is where the water/condensation is coming from. Also one of the running lights went out. I understand they have a 10yr warranty - I'll pick up the new one and let you know how it goes. If the lights are designed that way, it seems like a design flaw to me.
go utes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:33 PM   #5
Newly Retired

If you have a roof leak in a new camper, upon delivery, I would be concerned how much water has gotten in and what the long term affects will be. I saw a camper grow a mushroom from the corner of a wall. This was over a year after the roof was repaired! Moisture goes in and cant get out so easy in some areas.
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light