Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 10:20 PM   #1

Hurricane season

Hey guys, being from south Florida and this being my first camper, what are your recommendations for hurricanes? My camper sits on the concrete driveway right next to the house so winds from certain directions will be broken up but do you guys recommend an anchor system or leaving it on the jacks and hopes and prayers enough? Just curious, thanks for your ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel
2010 Sandstorm 203SLC
Brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhog View Post
Hey guys, being from south Florida and this being my first camper, what are your recommendations for hurricanes? My camper sits on the concrete driveway right next to the house so winds from certain directions will be broken up but do you guys recommend an anchor system or leaving it on the jacks and hopes and prayers enough? Just curious, thanks for your ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel
2010 Sandstorm 203SLC
Cat 1 and probably cat 2 I might anchor it into concrete from the frame. Cat 3 or more attach it to the TV and get out of Dodge. My plan is Cat 1 or 2 I'll rely on it being OK but insured anyway. Cat 3 or more closing the house and heading FAR inland.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote