Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #1

Onan 4K maintence

I have couple question. how on earth do you change fuel filter on a Sand storm Slc240. there is no room for tools. any tips on getting this changed.

also I am having issue getting my genny started. I think my carb is gummed up. I bought the trailer last month and the genny was started and working but now I can’t seem to get it working.

Manwithoutaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #2

Priming the 4K Onan

Are you priming the generator long enough? I have to prime mine until the light above the switch goes out or it won't start. Usually takes 10-15 seconds holding the switch in the priming position.

Gary
GeeDubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:24 PM   #3

I I figured out the genny. my new spark plugged was not gapped and I reinstalled the old spark plug it worked . I also did the sea foam thing and a gallon of gas. ran the genny for about 2 hours.

Any tip on how to remove the fuel filter?
Manwithoutaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I I figured out the genny. my new spark plugged was not gapped and I reinstalled the old spark plug it worked . I also did the sea foam thing and a gallon of gas. ran the genny for about 2 hours.

Any tip on how to remove the fuel filter?
Unfortunately, no, I do not know how to get to the fuel filter. My rig is in Yuma, Az at the moment and I'm in Phoenix so I can't even look at it to see if I can help.

I did find this on a search
https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...ca&action=view

A lot of removal of things to get to the fuel filter for this particular Onan 4k. I would imagine it is very similar to what you have.

Gary
GeeDubb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onan