Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2022, 08:26 PM   #1

Reese Goose Box?

Itís a long shot but I figured I would pose the question, is anyone here using a Reese Goose Box on their Sandstorm? Preferably with a 2020+ GM short bed? Iíve done the math and itís a 51Ē turn radius on the 306GSLR, the new GM puck system puts the ball at 46Ē back from the cab, which leaves me 5Ē short of making a full 90* turn. I would love to have a free bed all the time but that clearance leaves me uneasy so I may go with the Andersen instead. Either way I was hoping for some insights. TIA
Lord_Dookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:02 PM   #2

This particular section isn't super active, so the responses you get may be limited.

I have a 326GSLR (basically the same unit as you). It's in a short-bed 2017 2500HD. I have a Curt A16 manual slide, and I never need to engage the slide. I'm gathering your OEM puck system is positioned a little differently than the aftermarket option I have installed, because otherwise, I'd imagine clearance would be OK.

Way off-topic, but since we basically have the same unit: where's the storage for the sewer hose!? I've crawled everywhere and can't figure it out. It was way more obvious on my previous Stealth.
Greenhound386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhound386 View Post
This particular section isn't super active, so the responses you get may be limited.

I have a 326GSLR (basically the same unit as you). It's in a short-bed 2017 2500HD. I have a Curt A16 manual slide, and I never need to engage the slide. I'm gathering your OEM puck system is positioned a little differently than the aftermarket option I have installed, because otherwise, I'd imagine clearance would be OK.

Way off-topic, but since we basically have the same unit: where's the storage for the sewer hose!? I've crawled everywhere and can't figure it out. It was way more obvious on my previous Stealth.
Only difference between the 306 and 326 is you have a kitchen “island” and I don’t, other than that they’re exactly the same. There is no hose storage on these, I keep mine in a plastic tote in the front storage area.

As far as the hitch goes, I used a B&W Companion Slider with my ‘17 Sierra 3500 since I had the B&W gooseneck ball installed. On my new ‘22 Sierra 3500, which has the factory puck system, the goose ball location is 10” farther back than my ‘17 which would make it the same distance as having the slider back. Because of that I wanted to avoid a hitch at all but after doing some measurements I decided to use the PullRite SuperLite 2600 which also gives me a little more offset so there should be zero issues.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Dookus View Post
Only difference between the 306 and 326 is you have a kitchen ďislandĒ and I donít, other than that theyíre exactly the same. There is no hose storage on these, I keep mine in a plastic tote in the front storage area.

As far as the hitch goes, I used a B&W Companion Slider with my Ď17 Sierra 3500 since I had the B&W gooseneck ball installed. On my new Ď22 Sierra 3500, which has the factory puck system, the goose ball location is 10Ē farther back than my Ď17 which would make it the same distance as having the slider back. Because of that I wanted to avoid a hitch at all but after doing some measurements I decided to use the PullRite SuperLite 2600 which also gives me a little more offset so there should be zero issues.
Thanks! The literature says it has the sewer hose storage, so I figured I was just missing something. Glad I am not going crazy! You may have already seen it, but I posted up a list of my initial issues in this forum. You may or may not find it useful as some things to keep an eye out for on your end.

Good luck with the hitch! I'm mulling over the idea of a new 3500HD, but I can't find any locally right now. I might be in the same boat as you soon.
Greenhound386 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goose box, reese