Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #1

Sandstorm vs Shockwave FW: whats the difference?

Hello. Im looking in to buying either 2011-2012 Sandstorm or Shockwave fifth wheel 32' toy hauler. Does anyone know whats the difference between two? They look identical to me exept the name, and they both made by Forest River. Thanks
valiko75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #2

Basically there the same. Its like buy a GM truck. You have a Chevy Silverado line and a GMC Sierra line. Basically same truck made for different dealers. Yes they have a few different opinions: colors, interior, etc.... One model might be hard to find because dealer in your area doesnt carry them. You might want to look at the Stealth models also. My opinion take your time and go see all 3 different models and see what you like the most and fits you needs better. We almost bought a Shockwave but then we seen a Stealth and the DW liked the interior look and feel
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Site Team

many RV manufacturers, including FR, have twin brands.
this is so two local dealers can carry the same floorplan but not infringe on each others "exclusive" brand.

i've found that one twin is much more common than the other twin. meaning that one brand has many more dealers than its twin.
Rockwood and Flagstaff are an example. far fewer Flagstaff dealers nationwide, compared to Rockwood dealers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #4

Thanks guys for reply. Here at local dealer I checked out a shockwave fw and I like it a lot: floor plan, in and out quality, looks, weight, and most of all the size - 32' for fifth wheel will work for me just perfect. I havent had a chance to check a sandstorm yet, but as far as the quality they probably the same... I hope.
Currently, I own a 2011 fs2612 Stealth TH and I like it as well, - floor plan, look, but for my family of 6 is little too tight.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #5

Hello. At Portland rv show i have been told that they are the same. But I checked both models (not at rv show) and I felt like the interior of the shokwave is more luxurious, nicer and higher quality then sandstorms. Its like sandstorm=toyota vs shockwave=lexus...
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #6

I prefer the shockwave, yes I just bought one but it is so nice and the money was perfect. Do your research, pick what you feel is best look at all options. For me the money and how, floor plan, and over quality was there. Now that isnt to say that I havent had issues with it, but it will work its self out
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #7

They are both the same - different graphics, different interior decors, same floor plans.
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08ramguy View Post
I prefer the shockwave, yes I just bought one but it is so nice and the money was perfect. Do your research, pick what you feel is best look at all options. For me the money and how, floor plan, and over quality was there. Now that isnt to say that I havent had issues with it, but it will work its self out
What model did you buy? Is it fifth wheeler?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #9

valiko, we got the f28sk, it is a fifth wheel...the bad part is the only part about that i dont care for is that there are the wheel wells inside the trailer its self.......pulls great, does need minior warranty work done, that makes it a pain....but no major stuff...have to take it out one more time to make everything works good
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote