Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2019, 02:24 AM   #1

2 Bedroom RV

Hi again. So I currently have the Vibe 251RKS. My wife uses the bedroom (too small for both of us plus she goes to bed early and I stay up late watching TV.

So I started looking for 2 bedroom RV's. Most of the bunkhouse units I find are designed for kids in the bunkhouse. I am 64 years old and I am not climbing up into a raised bed. I found one or two with a lower bed but it was small and there was nothing else in the room. I am going to need drawers, a TV, and maybe hanging clothes.

The dealer I bought the RV from suggested customizing a toy hauler. I have absolutely no experience with what's involved in doing that. I plan to go see my dealer but I thought I would explain what I am trying to do.

In a perfect world world, here is what we'd like:

1. 2 real bedrooms.
2. Island kitchen
3. Washer Dryer hookup
4. Thomas Payne electric recliners
5. Refrigerator bigger than 6CF
6. Would really like auto leveling

Due to where my RV gets stored when not in use, I was told the max that could be accommodated is 40' nose to tail.

I am currently driving a 2019 Ram 1500 so I figure a new truck is probably in my future as well. I am not locked into a travel trailer or 5th wheel but whatever I get I don't want to need a dually to handle it.

Any and all information regarding customizing a toy hauler or any model of RV that might work for us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
Rob
STS TPMS
robbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:31 AM   #2

I have a grey wolf 27RR, it has a separate garage. That would work as your second bedroom. Not sure of your wish list....
Jhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhut View Post
I have a grey wolf 27RR, it has a separate garage. That would work as your second bedroom. Not sure of your wish list....
Thanks. That's too small an RV for us. Appreciate the response.

Rob
STS TPMS
robbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:32 AM   #4

There is a grey wolf that has two queen beds. Keystone also makes one. We were looking for one ourselves because my parents often go with us. I have also noticed that the queen beds in both the Grey Wolf and the Keystone are the shorter 74". Not sure how tall you are.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #5

2 Bedroom RV

We just bought a 2015 Spree Connect 322 by KZ. Bunkhouse model with a double bed at seat height on the bottom, island kitchen,outdoor kitchen, heated enclosed underbelly and tons of storage. The Trailer is 7440 UVW (supposedly) and 35 1/2 ft bumper to hitch might work for you if you can find one.
mulher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #6

I feel your pains. I stay up late and get up early. I have count the minutes till coffee time. DW can live with the TV, but the getting up early would cause a scuffle.

As soon as I read this I thought about the Toy Hauler deal. I kinda think I want one too. They make them as big or little as you want. Prolly as cheap as $15K and as much as a pretty nice house(around here). Have fun with your search.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #7

We just bought a Coachman 392mbl for this reason. I like to get up early and my wife and son like to sleep in a bit. Having the ability to close their bedroom doors while I get up and make coffee and mill about is going to be really nice. I liken our old travel trailer to a hotel room, whereas the new one is like a suite. It might be a bit long for you though as I think it is 41'9" nose to tail. You would also need a 1-ton to pull it. Just a thought.

Jeff

Tags
bed, roo