Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #1

2006 Salem LA 272BHSS

We sold our Rockwood 2307 pop-up and are looking at travel trailers. We are looking at a 2006 Salem LA 272BHSS from a dealer near me. We looked at it about a month ago. We seen online they dropped the price and wanted to go in again. This is a new travel trailer at a great price. When my wife spoke to him he said it was sent to the factory because of a wall delaminating (fiberglass seperating from the wood). This is a new travel trailer!?!? I started reading up on it and here this is a common problem? It scares the hell out of me. Has anyone here had any problems like this? I didn't ask the dealer yet but what kind of warranty does Forest River offer for this? Are there steps to keep this from happening? I know i'm going on and on. I like Forest River trailers and just worry. Is aluminum better then fiberglass? Any input would be appreciated.

inventor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #2

to FRF!

I'm a fan of fiberglass. As far as the delamination, it happens but I don't think it happens super often. You are going to hear (or read) about it a lot in forums as folks that have issues are going to complain the most and loudest. FR makes a good product and they make a lot of them. There is always going to be a lemon here and there. A through PDI is one of your best tools before signing on the dotted line.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
RAC

I have not heard about the problem you stated.

One thing I noticed in the floorplan is that the entertainment center is centered. I would advise that you sit in the center and left of the couch to see if you can see the TV at all. This might be a consideration as well.

I don't know what kind of price you're getting, but if the delamination issue concerns you, The Flagstaff 831BHSS is similar to this model. It weighs about 51 lbs more, but is 5 feet longer, and the bunk house is a slide out giving you even more room.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #4

I think it's a case of too much information. I'm in agreement with aingotnun about people with problems complain the loudest. Thanks for the advice on the floorplan RetiredArmyCWO we'll look into that.
inventor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Yes, delamination can be a problem. The KEYSTONE line has had many issues with it happening on new trailers. A good dealer/manufacturer will stand behind the product if necessary. Before you buy ANY trailer...check closely into what they can do for you if this becomes an issue.

For the most part...KEYSTONE stood behind most of the problematic delamination problems...to my knowledge. I like fiberglass trailers myself...although my new SALEM is not. Good luck.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote