Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #1

2011 Sunseeker 2900

I just took delivery of a new 2011 Sunseeker 2900, with all the horror stories I've read about owners taking delivery of their rig and having tons of problems that needed to be fixed, I was a little bit worried...I drove it home from the dealership 1,500 miles and now it's here in California...problems I've encountered.
-hinges came off the cabinet on top of the fridge (I fixed it myself)
-water heater stopped working, heard a mini boom, then the light came on the switch, both propane and electric part stopped working, bummer...took it to a local RV repair shop since I've read dealership takes forever...they cleaned the line and reset the switch. propane works now, I'll check out the electric part when I'm hooked up in the future.
-the dinette cushions are fraying...no biggie
-the hinge on the backpart of the coach storage is the piano type? on the rest of the coach, it was this type wherein the paint doesn't peel...on the piano type hinge, the paint started to peel when I opened and close the door...bummer, all have the correct hinge installed except for this storage door...since it's full body painted, it's hard to replace it, that means I'd have to have it repainted or sent back to manufacturer to match full body paint...bummer. but solution my solution is to touch up the piano hinge with paint and I won't use that storage compartment...temporary solution for now.
-the screen on the roof vent are installed incorrectly, I plan to fix it myself...easier than having to look for a dealer that would fix it here since I bought it out of state...

Well so far I'm happy, knock on wood no major problems, it rained 3 days in a row and no leak...I had a boat before so I know what to expect. This feel like a mansion compared to a 30' boat...
amarettl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #2

Smile

i have the same RV, search my old posts and see what I had go wrong. Overall i like my rv a lot, you can send me me a private message anytime an we can compare stories. good luck.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote