Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #1

2018 Forest River Sierra Vista plumbing issues

I bought my new camper in March. It was delivered to our location in NC. No one showed us a thing about how to do anything. We were only here in NC for the delivery. We got the thing leveled but nothing else. No time, back to PA. We are now here for long 4th of July weekend and getting things set up. My god. The airflow in this 2bedroom 2bathroom is horrible. We paid for 2 A/C's and the 2nd bedroom zip. Started taking the vents off and the my gosh the debris was horrible. Tons of disks inside and foam. Went and cleaned them all; however still bad air flow in the back bedroom. Husband opened one vent and tried to flash light it inside and says it looks as if they did not seal with foil tape anything. OMG. Next, we were checking electric connection and issues there and took the screws off the plate where switches are and they missed a hole with a screw and chewed up the side of cabinet. Next, we got water up and this is a huge deal and the sinks do not drain. Have done everything and nothing. The toilet started overflowing and we had to cup the water out. Sinks are still full. We have a popup and 5th wheel and my husband right away said you want to bet there is manu crap in the vent or they did not properly secure the vent. They did not even put the vent in the bathroom in correctly. The hole is cut cocky and we wanted to put a different vent in that sucks air out and since the hole is cocky we cannot do that. It seems they just threw this together. The workmanship is so not the type of work I am used to. My husband and I have DIYed many homes and we even took our 2006 Crossroads 5th wheel and no one would even recognize it. We redid everything in it including a tankless heater. Redid the living situation because it is ridiculous with your seating being right in front of tv and having to cock your head to the left to watch. And the jackknife sofa. A joke. Even in our new river we took out dinette and sofa and bought 2 large recliners. Then carpet. Who puts carpet in a camper. That is the dumbest thing in the world. Asked for vinyl TO and I was willing to pay but no. So that is fine. We will do what we did with the 5th wheel and rip out all this dumb carpet and vinyl floor it. What else can I say......hum........Not sure as we have not started on connecting the sewer yet. God only knows what manu garbage we will find there. I suspect we will find something as we seem to be finding strange things every time we get ready to do something. Have no cranked the stove yet. Hope that does not blow up. Fridge works. Micro I did the time but have not cranked that up. The converter blew. Forgot that one. It was on Saturday when we first got here and it was not working. Had to run to camping world since the manu not open to get me replacement and it is 95 degrees in NC and I am not waiting until Tuesday for a new. Replaced the converter and did speak to manu on Monday and they said well we cannot refund what you bought but can send you replacement. Ok fine. It means I will have one on hand just in case. Oh forgot. They got something on the dinette brown shade. Some sticky white stuff. Will not come off. Tried everything. So, I took a stain pen and colored it and you can only tell a little. Then they were not careful with screwing and doing the channels because there are some cosmetic issues. Big time cosmetic issues. We will have lots of repairs I am sure. My inlaws said call manu for repair. Um well that is easier said then done because this is a sierra villa. It is like 43 feet. It was delivered to us. Yes we have a truck that can pull it but getting it in here was a feat. The driver could not do it. He dropped it right in the middle of the street and said I cannot since I don't have a tractor. I told the camping place we needed a tractor since there was a hill. That was not communicated. I spent 4 hours trying to track down someone locally and he had a time due to the hill. Took him about 2 hours to get it positioned and the position is going to require someone to come with tractor to get it back out if it were to go in for some warranty stuff. Anyway, will keep you posted on any additional issues.
tinamiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
Site Team

You can use mobile RV repair, if you get pre-approval from FR and are willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #3

That is great information. Thank you so very much.
tinamiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:52 AM   #4

We have a 2018 Salem villa classic 4002Q while I love the camper has so many issues-we go every weekend and open the door to find "odor" the back bathroom has poor ventilation and in the kitchen cabinet near the back bedroom the pipe goes straight up that is where the odor is coming from-husband looked from the roof down thinking a blocked vent nothing-who the heck wants to put food in that space! Then the back bathroom the shower pools not puddles pools up poor drainage we think that the pipe is to high therefore causing the pooling you have to press down in the shower to have the water drain. Any ideas would be amazing. Ready to get rid of it just for these small issues. Just want to open the door one weekend and NOT have any issues.
msawyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, plumbing, sierra