Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #41
DW's 401(k) Plan

Figured I would give you a bit of what you are missing back home......
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200209_101114.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	223106
Took this on the way to church a short time ago.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #42

Sorry Da Grinch but I do not miss that. That's not much though and will probably be gone tomorrow. It was in the 80's the past couple days here but really windy today. Hoping this wind dies down over night or we will be here one more day.
Our stay here in South Texas is ending in the morning as we start heading West to Az. We are sad to leave here as we have met a lot of really nice people this year and had a lot of fun. We will post what we can over the next 5 or six days while we make our way to the next destination of Apache Junction AZ. It is really windy here now and if they do not die down over night we may have to stay one more night. I don't feel it would be safe on the road in these conditions.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #43

We left Mission TX. for our next destination of AZ. for about a month. We traveled to Del Rio TX. on Monday and stayed at Broke Mill RV Park which is a really nice Park for this area. Stacey who runs the place is very friendly and full of info about the area. We only stayed one night because the weather was not good. We were hoping to visit the Amistad Recreation Area.
We traveled Tuesday to Fort Stockton TX. and the weather has gotten worse. It was 36 when we arrived and is already down to 32. We are leaving for Las Cruces NM. in the morning and will be there 3 nights because we cannot check into Lost Dutchman State Park in AZ.until Saturday afternoon.
We did have one little incident while traveling today. We had traveled about 150 miles or more and some guy pulled along side of me but only enough to see the hood of his truck. He stayed in this position for a mile or more and he finally edged up to where I could see him. I looked over and he looked at me and then he passed me. I thought the whole thing a little weird. I checked my driver mirror about 15 minutes later and my sewer hose was hanging out of the storage tube and bouncing down the road. I was sure the door on the tube was latched but it must not have been. We stopped at Wally World when we reached Del Rio to get a new section of sewer hose. I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious than that. We are hoping to see some interesting things near Las Cruces.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:57 PM   #44

We have been in Las Cruces NM. for the past two nights just to get off the road for an extra night. We are staying at Hacienda RV Resort. This is a very nice Park but the sites are a little close. They are made of of very small gravel which is a bit disappointing for the price. All the roads are paved though.
We are going to split our next travel section into 2 days to avoid a long day as the DW is not feeling great. We are going to stay at Rusty's RV Ranch in Rodeo NM for one night. This sounds like an interesting little place. We will then head on to our destination of Lost Dutchman State Park in AZ.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:43 PM   #45
Always Learning

Don’t know if you need to do laundry, but Hacienda has a really nice laundry room a few years back.

I liked it there- well manicured. But you’re right, smaller sites and not paved for the cost.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #46

Hello! ependydad I didn't know if you were still following or not. Yes you are right with all the money spent on the building and landscaping I would expect paved sites. We were going to stay 3 nights and do laundry and some sightseeing but DW came down with a cold so none of that happened. We decided to cut our next day of travel in half to make it easier on her. We are staying at Rusty's RV Ranch in Rodeo NM. It is 23 miles off I-10. Read about it and it sounded like an interesting place. I would not normally go that far out of my way to overnite. Many people here for either bird watching or astronomy. The owner said this area is a fly way for a large variety of birds. We arrive at Lost Dutchman tomorrow and hopefully we can start posting some pics in a day or two. We have found another stop for our way home in Silver City NM. the boyhood home of Billy The Kid. Looks like an interesting area.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
How is that not swarmed by bees?!
No bees left sadly'
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:30 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper70 View Post
There is also a resident tortoise at the Sanctuary Attachment 223049

Attachment 223050

Attachment 223051

Attachment 223052

Attachment 223053and his name is Spike. They say he thinks he is a dog. He will let you rub his head if he gets close enough. He was the most active tortoise I recall seeing as he made many trips all over his enclosure while we were there.
When I was a kid I had 3 rescued Western Box Tortoises. They were great pets all the left over salad bits went to them. No where near as big as a Sulcatta.
All three are still going strong 30 years later. We used to put them out for the summer in a pen with plastic pipes buried in the ground for hiding spots. One year we were shocked to find 16 small ping pong balls in a den. Unfortunately we had a cold break and none of the eggs had survived. They never laid eggs again sadly. We now raise Leopard Geckos. I’ll post some pics if I can find them.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper70 View Post
We left Mission TX. for our next destination of AZ. for about a month. We traveled to Del Rio TX. on Monday and stayed at Broke Mill RV Park which is a really nice Park for this area. Stacey who runs the place is very friendly and full of info about the area. We only stayed one night because the weather was not good. We were hoping to visit the Amistad Recreation Area.
We traveled Tuesday to Fort Stockton TX. and the weather has gotten worse. It was 36 when we arrived and is already down to 32. We are leaving for Las Cruces NM. in the morning and will be there 3 nights because we cannot check into Lost Dutchman State Park in AZ.until Saturday afternoon.
We did have one little incident while traveling today. We had traveled about 150 miles or more and some guy pulled along side of me but only enough to see the hood of his truck. He stayed in this position for a mile or more and he finally edged up to where I could see him. I looked over and he looked at me and then he passed me. I thought the whole thing a little weird. I checked my driver mirror about 15 minutes later and my sewer hose was hanging out of the storage tube and bouncing down the road. I was sure the door on the tube was latched but it must not have been. We stopped at Wally World when we reached Del Rio to get a new section of sewer hose. I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious than that. We are hoping to see some interesting things near Las Cruces.
Geez the guy could have at least waved or pointed to let you know something was up. Probably wanted to see the hose take off lol
Old 02-16-2020, 10:00 PM   #50

We finally arrived at Lost Dutchman State park today. We actually arrived yesterday thinking our reservation was starting but we were wrong. We then could not find a place to camp for one night in the entire area. Some of the Gem & Mineral show is still going on in Phoenix until today. We called or tried to call over a dozen places and the closes place we could find was Payson AZ. which is 83 miles away and all up hill. We climbed from about 1700 ft. to over 7100 ft. in that 83 miles. It was mostly a 7% grade. We finally reached the campground in Payson about 8 last night. What was suppose to be a short day ended up being a very long day. All's well that ends well and we are finally here for 5 nights. The park is beautiful and it is easy to see why it is so popular. I will try to load some pics taken over the last 2 days.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #51

Some views from Rusty's RV Ranch in Rodeo NM.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7766.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	223478

Name:	IMG_7767.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	223479
Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 PM   #52

View of snow capped peak outside Wilcox AZ.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7772.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	223480
Old 02-16-2020, 10:12 PM   #53

View from check-in at Lost Dutchman State ParkClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7773.jpg
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	223481

Name:	IMG_7774.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	223482
Old 02-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #54

View of Gold Mine Town in the distance. A tourist trap. The second pic is the view from my front door on site 31.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7775.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	480.6 KB
ID:	223483

Name:	IMG_7776.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	444.8 KB
ID:	223484
Old 02-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #55

Nice pictures, thanks for posting.
Love-to-campp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:08 AM   #56

My brother lives in Apache Junction. Has a Hitchhiker 5th he lives in year round. I was just there first of the month. In a couple years thinking about wintering around there but it a long haul from Ohio
Ryan-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #57

Hi! Ryan-OH be sure to make Reservations well in advance for JAN-FEB or you will be out of luck. That is unless your brother can get you in where he is staying.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:39 PM   #58

Here are some pictures from inside La Posta restaurant in Old Mesilla near Las Cruces NM. We had dinner there the night before Valentine's Day. They have the best food and atmosphere. They are USA Today one of the top 10 Mexican Restaurants in America.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	223509

Name:	IMG_0643.jpg
Size:	429.1 KB
ID:	223510
Old 02-18-2020, 12:26 AM   #59

We took a short road trip today to Canyon Lake and to the little town of Tortilla Flats. Here are some pics of the trip.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7787.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	516.1 KB
ID:	223539

Name:	IMG_7792.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	223540
Old 02-18-2020, 12:29 AM   #60
Always Learning