Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 01:29 PM   #1

2021 2608BS Question

Hi All,

My wife and I currently have a Winnebago Micro Minnie. We have been watching videos for the Rockwoods and yesterday we went and looked at them. We really like the 2608BS. We've been happy with the build quality of our Winnebago. How do people like their Rockwoods from a build quality and durability standpoint? Any pro or con experience with Forest River/Rockwood warranty issues or customer service? Anyone have a 2608BS and how has it been treating you?

Thank you for your insights.

John
Rumple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #2

We've had 2 Rockwood's and after looking at other trailers, I think the quality and materials used are much better that others. That's why we bought a second.
2012 Ford F150 FX4 3.5 EcoBoost
jay2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #3
TRD

We have a 2021 26FKBS sister unit to the Rockwood 2608BS. Great model/layout for the 2 of us. Quality and construction are very good for the price of TT. We feel the quality is better than our previous 2018 Flagstaff 25BDS. Included in base price was Goodyear Endurance 15" tires and porcelain 310 head. The tires were a welcome surprise. Also, the Suburban (Blackstone look-a-like) griddle has been great. We have a propane extension hose to use it on a small Coleman aluminum folding table. It also has a 2" receiver on the back for a bike rack or storage rack. Only issue is the spare tire may get in the way. You could put the spare in the TV bed. Or use a Jack-it hitch mount bike rack like we do.
I thought I'd miss the outdoor kitchen on the 25BDS... not. The larger 8 cuft. fridge is plenty for us. I never did use the outdoor stove as I use an induction stove with an iron skillet. And I only rarely used the outdoor sink.
We are so happy with the layout and the separate sleeping area of the new TT. The storage is very spacious. Only things we would change is to have old style fold out steps in the bedroom entry. We only use the bedroom steps when traveling to access the bathroom.
All in all, very happy with our second Flagstaff product. This one is a keeper.
2018-12 days/2019-83 days/2020-12
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #4

We have had our 2020 2608BS out 6-7 trips and are very happy with it. Longest tow so far has only been about 800 miles round trip so not a lot of towing experience yet. Most of our trips have been 1-2 hours away from home so far. We do have a long trip planned for September from eastern Washington State to Mt Rushmore Covid permitting.

So far the only problem we have had is the support strap for the front grey water drain is broken, haven’t fixed it yet but it’s a nothing thing. Love the floor plan but I do find I hit my head on the front overhead cabinets when using the front counter. (I’m only 5’ 9”) We have the theater seats with heat, vibrate and lighted cup holders. We are constantly hitting a button when getting in or out of the seats so I unplugged the power cords to this feature. I was able to leave the ac outlet in the center counsel plugged in.

Our 2020 came with the Dometic 300 toilet and Castle Rock tires and I have replaced both but it looks like the 2021’s have upgraded both items. No bumper hitch on ours.

Everything in and out of the trailer works like it should and we are very happy with our purchase.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #5

We have had ours out about 4000 miles and 150 days in the 15 months we’ve had it. We love the design and features, but having owned 2 Nash trailers previously I can only rate overall quality as fair. Have had it in for warranty work twice. Repairs were OK. I’ve replaced And repaired a few things that were the fault of construction and the chosen fixtures by Rockwood. I’ve learned to live with it’s shortcomings. Overall Rockwood is only a 6 of 10 for quality in our experience. It seems most brands suffer from quality issues these days.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchdog View Post
So far the only problem we have had is the support strap for the front grey water drain is broken, haven’t fixed it yet but it’s a nothing thing.
2018 Rockwood Geo Pro 17rk here. Funny, exact same strap broke on mine too! Easy 15 minute fix. I also had water leaks behind the rear wall of the pass-through storage device. The hose clamp for the vent of the FW tank back through wall connection was completely loose so whenever I filled the FW tank to overflowing through the vent, most of the overflow was actually dumping inside the trailer there. The actual large fill tube leaks just a little at the same connection, but if you tighten the hose clamp there it will puncture that tube due to its ribbed design. It only leaks when it is, again, completely full and backed up, so I just slow the filling rate down to a trickle when I here it starting to gurgle.

Also, the connection between the city water outside connection and the tubing on the inside was just a plastic adapter and not sealing, so it was always dripping inside the same space whenever the plumbing was pressurized via either city water connection or the pump running. I replaced all the connections from the city water connection to the pump and the water filter with brass push-to-connect fittings and 1/2" PEX tubing, no more leaks.

I had one outlet at the wall under the bed that was coming out, so I put a Popsicle stick behind it as a brace for the "dog ear" to grab onto.

There was a screw in of the drawer rails that had backed out so it prevented the drawer from being able to be opened. Took me quite a while to figure out what was keeping the drawer from opening.

Those are the only problems I've had so far in the 1 1/2 years having the trailer.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:16 PM   #7

We took delivery of our 2020 2608BS in early April but could not camp until late May (thanks COVID). Anyway, five nights on two outings with granddaughter were simple affairs for testing systems. Four nights with torrential rains found no leaks. I've opened and examined various cubbies to discover how the systems are connected. Overall, the lack of workmanship issues is impressive. No sawdust or assembly debris with fit/finish very good to excellent. Perhaps better than our previous two Sunnybrooks.

First night out found the A/C blower failed, compressor runs but no blow. Dropped the TT at dealer: diagnose, warranty permission, order part, and install took three weeks. I understand this process is pretty typical, i.e., not unique to Rockwood or dealer. <shrug.> Worked great upon return.

We opted for one 15k A/C and two super exhaust fans, slide toppers, no bedroom TV, electric stabilizers, theater seating, and dinette. All 2020+ Rockwoods come with WiFi Ranger and TST tire pressure monitor system with sensors mounted inside the tires at the factory. Wife loves the kitchen. Very happy with the package.
RockyGBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:06 PM   #8

We too picked up our 2020 2608bs RV. Love the layout. Plenty of storage for 2 of us. Front Kitchen is awesome. Only issues we have had so far was the front RV door lock jammed with one of the keys, new keys sent, happened again, so now a new lock was sent. Another item worth mentioning is the theatre seats are plugged into outlet behind seats & there is no way to reach the outlet. Our seats were not working & we noticed the plugs had fallen out of outlet. We were able to grap them & put on extension cord drapped over dinette to plug in on that side, but will figure out better solution.
And the most annoying problem so far...the dometic fridge was getting too cold (items freezing) thought it was a defective thermistor so that was ordered. However, upon looking at the control board saw connection for thermistor was broken off. So now we are waiting for that part. In meantime we were told its ok to shut fridge down overnight.
We love our trailer and knew we would be find things to fix...just hope nothing major is wrong!!
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottaluvlife View Post
We too picked up our 2020 2608bs RV. Love the layout. Plenty of storage for 2 of us. Front Kitchen is awesome. Only issues we have had so far was the front RV door lock jammed with one of the keys, new keys sent, happened again, so now a new lock was sent. Another item worth mentioning is the theatre seats are plugged into outlet behind seats & there is no way to reach the outlet. Our seats were not working & we noticed the plugs had fallen out of outlet. We were able to grap them & put on extension cord drapped over dinette to plug in on that side, but will figure out better solution.
And the most annoying problem so far...the dometic fridge was getting too cold (items freezing) thought it was a defective thermistor so that was ordered. However, upon looking at the control board saw connection for thermistor was broken off. So now we are waiting for that part. In meantime we were told its ok to shut fridge down overnight.
We love our trailer and knew we would be find things to fix...just hope nothing major is wrong!!

Your theater seats will pull out giving you access to the outlet they are plugged into. I found mine were very hard to move and seemed like they were “welded” to the floor. I pulled on one side until it came free and repeated on the other. I believe I pulled up as I pulled out. While you have to be firm with them caution is also advised. Seems like the center counsel is the weak point.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #10

We have a 2021 Rockwood 2608bs. It is our first travel trailer-previous to this we spent time in the BWCA canoeing and tenting. We are mid 60’s and retired.

We have traveled 4000 miles with it from Northern Minnesota to central Florida so we could meet our new Granddaughter. So far we love the layout,storage, etc. Options we have are 3 of the overhead max air fans, 15000 btu AC, slider awnings and theater seating. The AC kept up pretty good. We did have a floor fan that helped circulate the air to the bedroom. The outdoor griddle was a plus. We have an R6 WDH which worked pretty well even with some big winds.

Issues we’ve had are with the fireplace glass. At the end of every travel day the upper right bracket on the glass would be off. We tried as best to secure it but it kept happening. 2nd to last travel day we found the entire glass twisting off and the bracket on the bottom left broke off. We are waiting on warranty on this. The fridge temp is very hard to regulate with the cheap plastic slider for the thermistor. However we tried it more in the middle of the fins towards the end of the trip and it is better. The drawer under the dinette would not stay shut. We bought some 3M Velcro and that is working well.

We have 23 days in it so far and cannot wait for our next trip! Since it’s our first RV/travel Trailer we can’t compare it to anything else out there.
PapaJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:57 PM   #11

Keep an eye on the aluminum framing holding the drawers In place under the bed. Mine literally broke in 3 places. 2 other places breaking apart too. Had to repair with corner braces and screws.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
Canoeing and camping fun

2608bs 2019

We have the 2019 version with the sofa, table and chairs. We had the dealer upgrade to a 310 porcelain toilet and added a maxi vent fan in the bedroom. One of the under bed drawer bottoms fell out (only thing in it was toilet paper) fixed under warranty. The Wi-Fi ranger is a joke haven't been able to get it to work the dealer says it's fine.
We added a sewer hose carrier under the rear bumper, store our out door carpet in the rear bumper. Have been using battery operated puck lights under the kitchen cabinets going to put some strip lighting in (the type with a plug not hardwiring). We traded a Winnebago mini plus in for this and very glad we did much better storage.
Our chocolate lab Breezy approved of the trade she prefers the sofa didn't like the theater seats in the Winnebago.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #13

https://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Light.../dp/B086YCGH3M
Check these out for under cabinet. Rechargeable w/usb and can be set up with motion or constant on. Installed in my 26FKBS, very easy with no screws, light is held with magnets so easy to take off to recharge.
Csbadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #14
Canoeing and camping fun

Lights

Csbadvisor,

Thanks for the link to those lights ordered a set last night. Will be able to use them when boondocking which is a big plus.

JeanD
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #15

We have the 2612WS, sister to the 2608, for us the biggest complaint is the plastic POS toilet, see if you can get the dealer to put in the 310, porceline model. We came from a Jayco and build quality is superior with the exception of the cabinet build but this is marginal difference. Very happy with it, on our second year and over 6,000 miles with no issues.
First year we replaced the Castle Rocks with GY Endurance tires and went from D To E rated.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #16

To the people who installed the Goodyear Endurance E rated. What air pressure do you set them at?
Braidwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:47 PM   #17

Running mine at 75 lbs.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
Old 07-27-2020, 05:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
We have the 2612WS, sister to the 2608, for us the biggest complaint is the plastic POS toilet, see if you can get the dealer to put in the 310, porceline model. We came from a Jayco and build quality is superior with the exception of the cabinet build but this is marginal difference. Very happy with it, on our second year and over 6,000 miles with no issues.
First year we replaced the Castle Rocks with GY Endurance tires and went from D To E rated.
Hello, I'm not understanding if the build quality is better in the Jayco or the Rockwood?

Thank you
Old 07-27-2020, 07:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumple View Post
Hello, I'm not understanding if the build quality is better in the Jayco or the Rockwood?

Thank you
Yea, I could have said that better, build quality is superior on our Rockwood with maybe the exception of the cabinets but thats it.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
Old 07-28-2020, 11:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
Yea, I could have said that better, build quality is superior on our Rockwood with maybe the exception of the cabinets but thats it.
Thank you for the clarification. We are considering a Jayco Eagle as well and it's a toss up between the Rockwood 2608BS and a Jayco fifth wheel. In your opinion are the quality differences night and day and you'd never do a Jayco again or are they minor where the Rockwood comes out on top?

Thanks