Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #1

2306 and 23LB owners opinions wanted

Hi all...first post here!

I am considering purchasing a 2306 or 23LB as this little model seems to be a great fit for our small family (me, wife, 3yo and 9mo). We are slightly TV constrained for the next few years with our Traverse 5200/500lbs and these seem like a lot of camper for the weight and price.

1) If you were to buy your 2306/23LB all over again would you get the murphy bed option? I don't know what it costs and we havent seen it yet, but my wife already thinks we don't need it

2) Would you get the 3rd bunk or the storage? Again, dont know what the option costs yet, but we think it might be handy if the kids bring a friend at some point, or is it too small to be useful?

3) Anything else we should consider? Being our first TT we are trying not to get too crazy with the options to keep the cost down. The higher the payment the less $$ we have to actually go camping with!

thanks,
Jon
poppin_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum !

my first and only suggestion I can add is make sure your tv can pull whatever you buy safely and is up to the task .
Not only for your safety but others around you .

Good luck in your search !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the concern. I have thought about the weight thing a lot.

The Traverse has a GCWR of 10,250 and a curb weight of about 4700lbs. The wife and kids dont even weigh 200lbs combined and I have no intention of vising CGs that aren't full hooks (no carrying water/waste). Also, being a young family we will be packing pretty light for the next couple years (no bikes, etc.). We also planning on mostly weekend trips that are less than one hour from home, some as few as 5-15 miles.

The Traverse really only needs to get us two summers and then the lease is up and a crew cab truck will probably be in the cards. I have seen guys in the Traverse forums towing WAY heavier than the 2306 and they claim to be satisfied with the performance.

Jon
poppin_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2306, 23lb