Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #1

Smile 2603s

Hello everyone,
I have enjoyed reading your comments and opinions. We have owned several TT's in the past and am now looking at a Rockwood 2603S that I intend to tow with a Chevy Silverado 1500 HD. Are there any quirks that I should be looking out for on this rig?
Fireman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums Fireman. How's things going up there with the Olympics in your back yard?

Sorry I don't have any info for ya on the Rockwood but there are others here who will be eager and better informed to help you soon.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum!

We towed a Rockwood 2605 with a Ram 1500 QC 5.7...the 2603 is similair weight/length and should be no problem towing with the 1500HD. Suggest you get a good WD hitch with sway control.

I'm assuming this is a used trailer as I don't see the floorplan listed on FR's site.

We originally looked at the 2603 before we purchased the 2605. We bought the 2605 because of the huge wardrobe and with the rear kitchen/front storage its easier to balance the tongue weight of the trailer. The 2603 is a mid kitchen/rear bedroom (storage) trailer. Of note, depending on the year, some of these campers will be 7.5' wide or 8' wide (starting in late 2008).

Good Luck!

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #4

We have a 2007 2603S, tow with a Silverado 1500 and love it! We have towed all over Colorado, up to Yellowstone and out to Calif with no problems. We love the trailer, bought it used in the summer of 2008 and have camped in it in every season. No quirks to report on ours, it's been great so far.
kat&jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Welcome to the forums Fireman. How's things going up there with the Olympics in your back yard?

Sorry I don't have any info for ya on the Rockwood but there are others here who will be eager and better informed to help you soon.
Had a blast at the Olympics. We really enjoyed meeting so many people from so many countries. We found alot of pride in our country that we didn't know we had. Sorry it's over.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #6

Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Welcome to the forum!

We towed a Rockwood 2605 with a Ram 1500 QC 5.7...the 2603 is similair weight/length and should be no problem towing with the 1500HD. Suggest you get a good WD hitch with sway control.

I'm assuming this is a used trailer as I don't see the floorplan listed on FR's site.

We originally looked at the 2603 before we purchased the 2605. We bought the 2605 because of the huge wardrobe and with the rear kitchen/front storage its easier to balance the tongue weight of the trailer. The 2603 is a mid kitchen/rear bedroom (storage) trailer. Of note, depending on the year, some of these campers will be 7.5' wide or 8' wide (starting in late 2008).

Good Luck!

Dave
Thanks for the advice, I will be putting 30 Lb. propane tanks on the front and a second battery which should even things out. It is used as I didn't want to take the 30% hit for driving a new unit off the lot. I have learned that a good WD hitch and sway bar is manditory. We rolled a truck and 19 ft trailer on the freeway. Don't believe the dealers when they tell you your vehicle is adequate. Do your own research. Also the wheel base of your vehicle makes a big difference in safety. Our trailer is being stored at the dealer. Can't wait for our first trip out.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #7

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat&jack View Post
We have a 2007 2603S, tow with a Silverado 1500 and love it! We have towed all over Colorado, up to Yellowstone and out to Calif with no problems. We love the trailer, bought it used in the summer of 2008 and have camped in it in every season. No quirks to report on ours, it's been great so far.
Your reply made us feel much better about our choice.We always have a great time on the road and look forward to sitting by the fire and having a comfortable night in the Queen sized bed.

Tags