Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #1

4-Way Propane Tee

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 2014 Rockwood Roo 231kss, and I am looking at doing a modification to the propane set-up. My goal is to run my red coleman roadtrip grill and my campfire in a can off my trailer propane tanks. I have read alot of info on here about the low pressure line and not having enough pressure with two regulators. My question is will the 4-way tee fit under the hard shelled propane cover, or will I have to put on and take off each trip to keep the cover on during transit. Also will I be able to run both accessories at the same time with the 4-way? Thanks for your help.

Larry
lrsmith0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #2

Looking at the Camco 59123
lrsmith0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Steve Jackson

I'll be waiting to see the answer on this one. I'm also want to run my Road Trip grill of either my tanks or off where the sidekick grill plugs in
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Old Enough to Know Better

Just as a bit of FYI. I am not familar with the roadtrip or the op's other appliance.
Any appliance that uses disposable torch/lantern bottles is a high pressure unit meaning the regulator/control valve etc that the tank screws into reduces the pressure from tank pressure to 1,2,or 3 psi whatever the unit was designed to work with. A normal system either a house or RV uses either two regulator or in the case of our RV's a "twin" stage regulator to reduce tank pressure to 11" water column (approx 6.35oz ) So any unit noramlly requiring a disposable bottle will have to be connected between the tank and the existing RV regulator or they will not burn correctly. Any conventional gas grill or appliance that runs off of a 20# cylinder could be connected in after the RV regulator.
Hope this helps
gasman6674 is offline   Reply With Quote