Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2021, 09:50 AM   #41

Yeah, I’m sure it’s definitely more efficient to batch on a production line like these. Also demand of model probably plays a huge part in what’s being produced.
10% of $20k is more profit than 10% of $15K.
If 80% of orders are 19 and above, I’m sure they take priority till they get a “batch” of smaller units. Surprisingly my dealer has 3-4 15TB on order. I’m thinking it’s a price point product. I’m actually debating on one as my wife’s not real interested in camping so I just need space for me and my pup!
SEMPERFI8387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #42

MiniLite

We ordered our MiniLite 2104s in August 2020 and picked it up in December 2020. The waiting is so difficult! However, it was worth the wait. We love our MiniLite!
Also, as someone else mentioned the 2020 we ordered became a 2021 at the same price.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:35 PM   #43
Pop-up refugee

If the customer hasn't noticed that random parts of the world are being randomly locked down and insists on blaming their local dealership for delays that aren't even the factory's fault... Well, there's just no talking to some people. Every manufacturer has to have a schedule, even if they know it's going to be disrupted. Dealers can either shrug and say "I don't know" or say "this is the most recent time frame the manufacturer has given us".

A friend of ours bought a Safari Condo Alto R1723 this summer. When it was finally done, the Canadian Border was closed and it took them some time to figure out a way to get it to the US. BUT- she didn't blame the dealer.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #44

I guess I'm not as fussy as you all . I went to a dealer that had 200 plus units of various makes an styles. They had 10 in the toyhauler makes I was looking for. If that an the research I put in on line I knew what suited us an bought it
Took possession 5 days later. Simple. You people make more work out of it than necessary. Just sayn.
pitzhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:20 PM   #45

Back order problems w dealer.

We took delivery of our Rockwood in June 2020. There are a couple of warranty issues that I wanted to be taken care of. The biggest was a problem with the awning fabric. The dealer agreed to replace it and placed the order???
By January 2021 I had been told 3 different dates that the fabric would be in.
I was suspicious and contacted FOREST RIVER INC and received the product the next week. I’m not intending to throw anyone under the bus but it’s unfortunate that I had to contact Indiana. I’ve read may responses of others that had unresolved problems and found a resolution and FR INC. GOOD LUCK....
SGWS-RETIRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:08 PM   #46

I ordered my Wolf Pup 16BHS Black Label in late October. I had to be one of "those guys" and get some custom additions (suspension, tires, etc.) and added onto the Black Label package meant it was a build that wasn't standard. My TT was delivered to the factory last week and I am scheduled to do PDI and pick up on 2/3.

It felt like an eternity, but in the end 3 months wasn't horrible. My bigger concern is the quality of the build considering all the problems folks have listed above.

The word of the times in the RV world is patience.
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:57 PM   #47

7 month backorder

I an new to camping .We went into the dealer in Nov 5 he told us if we wanted a camper before spring we should order now he gave us a good price we got our Rockwood 2104s for christmas. But when we went in to pick it up he told us if waited till now to order it may be summer before we got it.
greg3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #48

We hunted for a Geo-Pro 20FBS it's what the Wife and I want. When we first started it was the Geo-Pro 19FBS, But later after looking and discussing fell for the 20 FBS floor plan.

Long Story Short as possible...

We went to a dealer when the 19FBS was in our mind! He had some listed coming soon... Great got the price then flipped for the 20FBS, one week later ( Like 2 weeks ago from this posting today ) The rep sends me a photo of 3 19 FSB's on a truck in the lot just came in. They were quoted as possibly June July? We were the told the same for the 20FBS June July its already been ordered, went thru the buying routine for the 20FBS till they said they were wrong it would be a new PO. Great thats August or September or longer. They wanted 35 and we knew we were being screwd PIP for 1200, and Delevery for 3150, we said bye bye.

Went to the next guy up the road an hour out that could sell us the 20FBS "Incoming" We want this unit retierment toy we can wait 29,995 then Sales and Docs fee. All ordered and done.

Now the wait... but this is the Unit we want I don't think waiting to buy would have gotten any better if not worse.

Feelings go out to all those waiting.
Inciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:44 PM   #49
Casual Camper

We ordered a 2608BS on Jan 23rd. Original stated wait was for end of April. Heard from the dealer yesterday that it will be built by the end of June, with a further week or two for delivery to the dealer. All assuming there are no more item or material shortages before then.
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:40 PM   #50

I put a deposit on an Apex 265RBSS, January 23rd. Salesman told me his opinion was first part of May. He called me April 20th. My TT was delivered April 19th! I went this past Sunday to do a quick check, it looked great! Salesman told me they had not touched it yet. Found a few very minor issues. Working on scheduling pickup date, they are very busy. This is a large dealer, the lot was packed. He told me almost every RV was sold.
2011 GMC Acadia SLT (wife’s)
2007 Honda Goldwing
Marc J is offline   Reply With Quote