Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #1

A/C condensation leak

I have a 2016 Sanibel 5th wheel with dual zone thermostat and two A/C units, Late last season during several days of hot muggy temperatures I noticed some condensation leaking from the unit in the bedroom and immediately shut it down. Both units had been running non stop for a few days. I had not experienced any similar problems previously or on occasions where the unit run for a lessor period of time. I'm wondering if there could be something plugged up causing the problem. Anyone also experienced this same problem and have a solution?

Thanks
Ronboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:02 PM   #2

I don't know what kind of AC unit you have there but most of the time they do have a drain up there that can get clogged. I'd just jump up on there (if you can) and pull the cover off. Look for any debris and clean it out. Some pressurized air and a length of stuff wire may help as well with areas that are hard to reach.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #3
Site Team

If you can give us the make and model of the A/C we can probably get you a layout of the pan to show where the drain(s) is/are so you can check them.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #4

Along with a plugged drain, I have seen where 1 or more of the 4 bolts come a bit loose that hold the AC on the roof. You may want to just check them and see if they are like hand tight or better. There is somewhat of a fine line of over-tightening them and smashing the gasket, and too loose that the gasket isn't being pulled tight.
TBK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #5

Remove the filter and clean. I have found on my 2018 Forester that this occurs only when the filter gets dirty! May not be your problem but after several trips to the dealer (under warranty) to correct, they tried all of the suggested fixes mentioned in the previous posts with no luck.We tried this and it has worked for us. We clean before every trip and at least weekly during trips and have not had that issue since.
1000 sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:26 PM   #6

I had a situation where one of the refrigeration lines with foam wrap was backing up water, which ran back into return vent
loyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #7

007matman,

I'm quite sure both units are Dometic brand.Not sure of the model as all such information is tucked away inside the wrapped up RV for the winter. But I have read a few things here worth looking into.

Thanks everyone
Ronboel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak