Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2008, 06:12 AM   #1

A New Tow Vehicle Pimped Out

I had posted back in September when I bought my new truck and it was right after I toke delivery. How that I had time to pimp it out, I thought I would share. The first pic is my old tow vehicle which I still have and have used for the past 8 years, still runs great. It is a 1997 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton with a 5.7 liter gas engine and a 4:10 rear, Max tow capacity 7,500 lbs. It has a 45 gallon fuel tank. The gold paint on the lower body I had custom painted, It is a 1997 Fire Bird Sport Gold.

The new truck is a 2008 Chevy Silverado, this truck last year so I was told was referred as the 1500 HD for 2008 it was renamed the VORTEC MAX. It has the 6.0 liter gas engine with the 4:10 rear It is rated to tow 10,500 lbs and the fuel tank is 26 gallons. It is all heavy duty. The next step up would be the 2500 HD. As far as pimping out, in with the deal the nerf bars on the bottom ( stainless steel ) were no extra cost. After that I added the bed rail (stainless steel ) a bed liner, additional tail lite bar under the tail gate, a canvas cover for the bed, mud flaps and changed the grill.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tow vehicle.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1161   Click image for larger version

Name:	08-1.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	1162   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	1163   Click image for larger version

Name:	08-3.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	1164   Click image for larger version

Name:	08-4.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	1165  

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #2

Nice looking truck!

Pimped out???

that made my morning...............
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
Site Team

Yeah but, why didn't you go ahead get a red one??? Nice looking TV you got there.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist

Hmmmph.

You ain't pimped until you have fake animal skin seat covers and those little fuzzy balls hanging around the edge of the headliner. And no fuzzy dice??

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #5

DA Pimp Mobiles

nice

i like them burbs and excursions, big hunk a hunk towing machines
Old 11-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Hmmmph.

You ain't pimped until you have fake animal skin seat covers and those little fuzzy balls hanging around the edge of the headliner. And no fuzzy dice??
As far as the fuzzy dice the fake animal skin seat covers and the fuzzy balls, that is what I call the extreme truck pimpover.... NOT FOR ME.... and as far as the color red, I looked for extra, extra redbut couldn't fond it. You know, when I bought my first car back in the early 70's, GM offered this same color Victory Red which I had on a 1974 Chevy Nova that I bought new for a whooping $3,700 and it is the only vehicle I ordered from the factory in my life.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
Cyber Phrenologist

Back when I liked Chevy's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
When I bought my first car back in the early 70's GM offered this same color, Victory Red Which I had on a 1974 Chevy Nova that I bought new....
I had a '73 Nova Hatchback with 350 automatic and a factory sunroof. It was gold with the cream interior. My second car, bought used. Some idiot ran a red light in front of me and ruined it. T-boned a Cadillac.

I wish I still had that car...many memories there.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I had a '73 Nova Hatchback with 350 automatic and a factory sunroof. It was gold with the cream interior. My second car, bought used. Some idiot ran a red light in front of me and ruined it. T-boned a Cadillac.

I wish I still had that car...many memories there.
Yes, alot of memories, My interior was black with bucket seats and the auto shifter was on the floor, No sun roof but it was a hatchback as will. I had three bad memories with this car.
1. I spilled 5 gallons of white latex paint in the back, It took weeks to get it
out.
2. I was setting at a red light one morning after I got off of work (I worked 12mid night til 8 am ) the next thing I knew I was pushed into the car in front of me well, a local oil truck company had lost his brakes and ran right over the back end of the car and was not able to stop for at least 500 feet. The truck had a full load and was just starting his rout. I was ok and my car was repaired. That's not all, while I was driving the rental car waiting for my Nova to be repaired I was T- boned in the rental car and there was miner injuries to my wife and my self. We were ok after about three weeks.
3. I sold the Nova to someone I knew for $500.00, it had 125,000 miles on it. I signed the power of Attorney form for him so that he would not have to title it because he saw another car he wanted instead. After everything was said and done, I drive by the dealer ship and saw it on the lot to be sold. I stopped to look at it, well you would not believe what had happen to the odometer it was reset to 48,000 mile. Right then and there I spoke to the manager and told him that I was the original owner and the car had 125,000 miles on it if this car was not removed from his lot by the end of the day I was going to report him. The next day when I past the dealer the car was gone...... and that is the end of that story of the 1974 Nova.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Nice truck!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote