Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2022, 08:01 AM   #1

A Trip Across Kansas

Had to take an emergency road trip to Denver last week from southern Missouri. Over the years, I've seen these Love's, Pilot, and I think one more major gas company along the interstates. Probably used them a time or two. Big 'ol signs advertising their wonderful stations. But with gas prices nowadays, I started paying more attention. Those 3 places are the biggest rip-off gas stations I have ever seen! Why anybody would ever go there, let alone tout the place as wonderful is beyond my imagination. The prices averaged anywhere from $.50 cents a gallon on up more compared to other stations. I just couldn't believe it. And they're proud!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:12 AM   #2

Range, and don't forget the awesome rewards club they promote telling us that for every million gallons of fuel purchased, or something like that, you'll get a "free cup of coffee"!
I jest of course.

We know for diesel purchases that prices are marked way up because of their own fuel cards offered for fleet users which will discount the cost of diesel may be up to $1 per gallon depending on the negotiated price with the fleet. I tried to get one from Flying J's/Pilot but they ignored my request being just a simple RV'er. I had no D&B rating or tax ID.

I did get a TSD Logistics fuel card prior to my recent trip to Raleigh, NC two weeks ago. Good at TA (Travel America) truck stops and Lovee's along with smaller regional stations, but on my 1500 mile round trip I never used it because it seemed there were no stations near my travel route when I wanted to fuel up.

Also now there are a lot of other "gas-saving" programs out such as Mudflap which advertises the big savings you'll receive when fueling up at their network of stations. Again I'm not about driving multiple miles each way to try and find one of these stops to save $.10 a gallon.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote