Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #1

about to purchase 2305S minilite

I just received a quote of $21,500 for the 2503S. The options ordered are electric awning, 15,000 btu AC, ladder, bike carrier, night shades, reefer front panels, Maple cabinet doors, Sapphire package, additional Maxxair fan, power tongue jack, and slide awning topper. Also included is a battery, full propane tanks and an equilzer E4 10000 hitch with installation. This price was $2,000 cheaper than another local dealer. RVW was approximately $1,000 lower if I drove over 1,000 miles to pick it up. Well I feel it is in my best interest to buy local and it would cost me about another $1,000 to go to Ohio anyway(4days travel, gas, food, etc). The only thing not included is taxes. title , and registration. The local dealer is family owned and they seem very honest and no high pressure sale.
I will be going Saturday to order as my wife picks out the inside color pattern for the trailer. Can't wait to join you as a Rockwood owner.
campbuzz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #2

Congrats on your purchase. We love ours, so far. Wife was thrilled with the HUGE bathroom. Our's was about $18,500, but did not get the bike carrier, extra fan or slide topper (I forgot to order the topper; guess I'll have to do it myself one day. ) My Equalizer is 6000#. 10,000# seems a bit heavy duty.

Mods so far:

1. Switch/pilot light in bathroom for hot water heater electric element

2. Honeywell RHB111B digital thermostat

3. Fencepost sewer hose holder

4. PVC pipe WDH spring bar holder

5. BAL Hide-a-Spare for spare tire

6. 2” receiver/beefed up frame for bike rack

7. 4 pin electrical connector for bike rack lights

8. Routed fresh water tank drain to side of trailer

9. 110VAC outlet on street side sofa table

PS: You might want to PM one of the site admins to fix the title of your thread. (You fat-fingered the 2503S into 2305S.) Might get more responses if the model is correct.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
Ambassador

50 cents a mile, let them do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbuzz98 View Post
I just received a quote of $21,500 for the 2305S. The options ordered are electric awning, 15,000 btu AC, ladder, bike carrier, night shades, reefer front panels, Maple cabinet doors, Sapphire package, additional Maxxair fan, power tongue jack, and slide awning topper. Also included is a battery, full propane tanks and an equilzer E4 10000 hitch with installation. This price was $2,000 cheaper than another local dealer. RVW was approximately $1,000 lower if I drove over 1,000 miles to pick it up. Well I feel it is in my best interest to buy local and it would cost me about another $1,000 to go to Ohio anyway(4days travel, gas, food, etc). The only thing not included is taxes. title , and registration. The local dealer is family owned and they seem very honest and no high pressure sale.
I will be going Saturday to order as my wife picks out the inside color pattern for the trailer. Can't wait to join you as a Rockwood owner.
That's sounds comparable to what I paid for my 2015 2502KS Mini Lite, I didn't get the slide topper because I don't feel they add anything, but they are only a couple hundred bucks, so not any huge additional expense. Personally I would let them deliver it even for $1000. You would have to have the weight distribution hitch set up appropriately with your TV right out of the gate not to make that trip back home a white knuckled 1000 mile trip. If you're counting on the factory to do this for you, I think you're sadly mistaken. After you add gas and expenses you're savings is only going to be about 500 bucks. This isn't going to impact your monthly payment that much. I would take the money you are going to spend to go get the thing and just add it to the down payment, if you're financing it. if not write it off as a early birthday/anniversary/let some one else have the pain in the ass so I can safely take delivery expense. Now if you have a great deal of experience setting up TVs, and WDHs, on trailers you've never towed before then by all means get down with your bad self. They won't have scales for any calculations, so you would have to rely on the good ole measuring tape and just eye ball it, hope you get about 10% tongue weight, and all that, not to mention you would need to carry all the extras with you to make the trip back. The power adapters, sewer hose and attachments, sheets, towels, clothes, food. Also you would have to bank on everything working exactly right before you left, and that there weren't any defects in workmanship etc...You know, all the things you would leave it at the dealer for them to fix before you took delivery. There's a very real possibility that your trip may get extended while you wait to get things fixed, or that you may have to return home with out your travel trailer if it has some of those rare but very possible serious issues. It wouldn't take long to run up $1000 in expense that way. So let them deliver it to your local dealer and then pick it up after you've gone over it with a fine tooth comb, and they have satisfied any walk through discrepancies, if they are any at all. Your time is worth more than $0.50 cents a mile.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags