Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #1

air bubbles on exterior wall

We have a 2015 Sanibel 3601, brought in 2014. We have several air pockets on the exterior wall on the passenger side . Anyone have experience with this issue?
Sharon
sharon rayburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #2

Is it fiberglass? Sounds like you have delamination. You either have a water leak or there could be problems with the adhesive your manufacturer used. I would contact them since it is such a new trailer. Mine is doing same thing, 2005 Forest River Surveyor. Found that water was leaking around front window and now on one of my rear clearance lights. Get it looked at fast as it will continue to get worse.
BLA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon rayburn View Post
We have a 2015 Sanibel 3601, brought in 2014. We have several air pockets on the exterior wall on the passenger side . Anyone have experience with this issue?
Sharon
Do not let anyone tone down the Damage to your wall by calling it a (Air Pocket) it is (Very Serious Delamination!) Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #4

Sharon,I also see where you have Posted today where your unit has been (Approved) for some type of repair for Both sides! Is your unit going back to the (Factory) for this? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #5

We have been approved to have to it vacuum pressed back together. However, we were told that it it will happen again. They believe the whole side should be replaced. Actually it is on both sides on the passenger side. We have a problem in the bedroom a big buckle in the floor right in the middle. Chalking coming out also , the bedroom slide doesn't so close evenly either, so probably a frame problem. The list goes on. We are going to call the factory Monday.
sharon rayburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #6

Your unit appears to have MAJOR manufacturing defects.
I'd settle for nothing less than a NEW unit. They may tell you they can 'make it good as new' - but, I would not believe them......
Snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #7

Have 1 on the roof 2 inch wide in the back (PRIME TIME CRUSADER 2013)
Claude002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior